New functionality in the Training app - Skill Progressions

Hey everyone :wave:t2:

We’ve started today to roll out a pretty cool update to the Skill Progression feature that I think you will like :muscle:t2:

Essentially the change will give you more control over your skill progressions, enabling you to choose multiple skill paths and develop skills that you want to focus on as you progress through your training journey.

You will be able to access the new feature in two places:

1. In the achievements section of the app (top right of the Coach tab) essentially in the section with your badges.
  2. In your Coach settings (settings icon in the Coach tab)

This is what it looks like in the app:

There will be 14 skill paths available to pick from generally-although please be aware that they won’t all appear on certain Training Journeys.

1. Strict pullup
  2. Strict Muscle Up
  3. Hanging leg raise
  4. Full hanging leg wipers
  5. Pistol Squats
  6. Pushups
  7. One-hand pushup
  8. Strict Handstand Pushups
  9. Burpee box jumps
  10. Handstand walk
  11. Double Unders with Jump Rope
  12. Knee jumps
  13. Standups
  14. Dragon Flags

Just be aware that the rollout is taking place over a few weeks, so don’t panic if you don’t see this in your settings just yet-you’ll get it some time in the next few weeks :wink:

Happy to take questions or, if you already have this in your app, it would be great to hear some feedback on this change!

:clapclapstatic:

9 Likes

Unfortunately, it seems to be postponed?
Waiting for that really, really cool update but the Android App has been rolled back from Version 7.26.0 to 7.24.1 a couple of hours ago :pensive:

1 Like

Hey Mel, this sounds strange-I’m not sure why you are back on 7.24 :sweat_smile: I’ll PM you :+1:t2:

This looks and sounds incredible! I can’t wait to start working on my muscle ups!

1 Like

Still waiting!! It seems to be very exciting :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Great!. I wanted to ask for something like this:-) :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

You mention that they will be in the Achievements section, will there be badges for completing skill progressions?

Yup! There is a badge for each of the 14 skills :+1:t2:

1 Like

Amazing!

1 Like

Sounds awesome! Which version is this? I was just able to update to 7.26.0 and got kinda excited, but I couldn’t find anything in the app yet.

1 Like

Hey @Jessica, welcome to the Forum :wave:t2:

It won’t come with an app update, it’s been available to certain users since 7.25.1, but you will get it in the next couple of weeks if you don’t already. It’s a gradual rollout for this feature, so each week more and more will see this in their app.

I think, but I could be wrong here as I haven’t checked, that roughly 50% of athletes will now have access to this.

Ah I see, thanks for clarifying - and thanks for welcoming me!
I will try being patient then :grin:

1 Like

I don’t think you’ll have to wait long! At most 2 weeks :smiley:

1 Like

That is an awesome feature! Hope to finally master one arm push up and handstand walk!

1 Like

Got then now! However, I can’t find the Standup and the Knee Jump progressions plus it somehow says I can’t do Pushups yet even though I do them in intervals regularly… seems a little weird

After an update, you can now activate or deactivate skills in the coach settings.

If you don’t select anything, it says “all skills”. If you select all skills individually, it is called “7 skills”.

What do you have to set so that you are trained by the coach in all skills…?

Thanks for your help and best regards,
Alex

Hey Jessica :wave:t2:

:crossed_fingers:t2: these will appear this week! I’ll try and update you if this doesn’t look likely.

Ah, that’s strange-I’ve also been able to replicate this :+1:t2: Let me see what is going on, something might have changed in the logic here and we may have to work on this.

1 Like

It would be really nice to know what to do to archive the badge of a skill and to complete the skill path.
In my case I neither have the badge for Double Unders nor fulfilled the skill path - but did 250 with star in January :thinking:

I think this is related to the Pushups that @Jessica mentioned. I’m aware now of a few cases where the Pushup milestone hasn’t been achieved previously, but this isn’t reflected in the Progression Path :+1:t2:

Hello…in my last session i just got 4x6 dragon flags while i’m still learning them and never gave a positive feedback.
I remember reading about similar situations and not sure if it’s known also for dragon flags.

1 Like