New update - Workout Creator

Hey @Josh, thanks for the feedback :+1:t2: I’ll make sure we discuss it in the team.

:clapclapstatic:

What is the timeframe to get the Workout Builder on iOS?

Thanks
Freddy

3 Likes

Hey everyone :wave:t2:

We’ve made some recent updates to the Workout Builder that is available on the Android app. These updates should finish rolling out to everyone by this time next week :calendar:

create workout

• Drag and drop functionality in the “Create workout” screen allowing you to move elements of the workout around
  • Further localization of the feature in to other supported languages
  • Exercise list search bar-no more endless scrolling!
  • Option to delete a workout
  • New workout configuration options-including specifying exercise reps, duration, and weights for weighted exercises
  • Revamped the entry point to the builder in the “Explore all” section

. . .

Thanks so much for everyones input and feedback so far-this has been invaluable in helping us to focus on these changes :pray:t2:

And as always, please let us know what you think about the changes :point_down:t2:

11 Likes

Great to see that this is under development. When will it be available for IOS?

Thanks!

Hey Bex :wave:t2:

I think you will see this pretty soon! I’m really reluctant to share an exact date in case it moves back a sprint or two. But the feature for iOS is being worked on :+1:t2:

1 Like

Ok-I need to share an FYI that we have to make some further changes to this so we aren’t able to continue to roll these specific updates out to everyone :frowning_face:

There is good news though! We are hopeful of being able to release even more updates to the “builder” and we should also be in a position to introduce the Workout Builder to the iOS app fairly soon :smiling_face:

I love that new feature and i appreciate the work behind it. What i really miss at next, is the opportunity to edit a created workout.
ClapClap Markus

1 Like

Hey Markus :wave:t2:

That is so great to hear and thank you :smiling_face:

This is now coming very soon-rollout of the updates mentioned in this post has begun again and an editing ability is in there :+1:t2:

20221116_074421

1 Like

I’ve updated the first post with the very latest updates starting to roll out this week.

And I have good news regarding the iOS version for the likes of @AOhReallyUh, @Freddy and @carlossantos…we’re hoping to have this in the iOS app in the next 2-3 weeks :crossed_fingers:t2: I’ll update this thread when this is certain.

5 Likes

Woohoo! Just in time for Christmas! ThNks for the update Ben! I am really excited to try out the builder :smiley:

1 Like

This is great news!!! Can’t wait for the builder! Thanks for the update,.

1 Like

Hey everyone :wave:t2:

:fire: The workout builder should complete rollout to both Android and iOS today/tomorrow :fire:

Do let us know what you think :point_down:t2:

3 Likes

I’m absolutely hyped!!!

It is great to have the workout builder!!! Now we can create workouts, edit workouts, share it with other athletes, share it in the feed and something more :muscle:

But hopefully a solution for the problem with the integrated 7seconds rest (time to prepare) in each time based exercise will be available (better using the button adding rest for time to prepare and rest), now no useful time based workouts are possible to create…

Two other small points I want to share:
Hopefully our distance based exercises like sprints, lunge walk and similar will be available soon
It is great to share the workouts with other athletes, it will be great if it is possible to save the workouts too

There are so many exercises within the workout builder that are not included in the training journeys or single exercise menu. Does this suggest the arrival of new training journeys or the updating of the old ones? can’t wait to try the new ones :grin:

Hey Rolf :wave:t2:

Thanks for input :+1:t2:

I don’t know if I fully understand this part below :point_down:t2: Can you break down exactly the problem?

1 Like

I am so pumped to get this feature in iOS! This is fantastic news! Christmas came early this year :stuck_out_tongue:

I just built two of my favorite workouts in the app and was able to recreate them perfectly.

I did notice that you can’t add new rounds to the beginning once you start creating a workout. There are + buttons in between each round and at the end, but not before the first one. I wanted to add a warmup and couldn’t.

I also second the request to get distance based exercises in here. Some of my favorite workouts include sprints and farmer’s carries so I would love to be able to build them in Freeletics. I know, we are never happy… This is just a friendly suggestion, but am still pumped about the new features!

Finally, it would be really nice to have a better interface for editing items that are already in the workout. I would love to be able to drag items around instead of having to click move up and move down, or swipe right to delete, etc. I know this is in early development so again, love the feature but just looking forward to the future.

Thanks for sharing the great news, @Ben!

1 Like

I believe he means the automatically added 7 (or 5?) second delay to “Get ready” (Mach dich bereit) at the beginning of a time-based exercise, e.g. Plank Hold 30s. This is already part of intervals, but not in God workouts.
So it is like Coach created workouts, right? @Rolf

Cheers,
Freddy

1 Like

Hey Ben,
of course, hopefully I can explain it well with this example :sweat_smile:

For example workout Core Fokus from the freeletics App
It is working perfect without 7seconds integrated rest in the exercise (Mach dich bereit)
5, 4, 3, 2, 1, Go, After exercise starts directly with 45 seconds work, after 15 seconds rest, next 45 seconds work, next 15s rest…
Complete Workout duration 10 Minutes
Screenshot Picture 1

Freeletics Workout Workout Builder, I created by myself, you can see here

5, 4, 3, 2, 1, Go, Ahletes start training after Go but 7seconds integrated rest in every exercise (Mach dich bereit)
It means when I choose an exercise with 45s work I will not only do the exercise 45s, I have to do it 52s, after first exercise 15s rest, then additional 7s (Mach dich bereit) before starting next execise with 45s work, 15s rest, 7s integrated rest, 45s work…
Screenshot Picture 2

This is complete different to all time based workouts in the freeletics app and to all other time based workouts I know, better only have one rest with the button (Pause hinzufügen) where everyone can choose his individual time for rest and time to prepare

Yes exactly :+1:
Get ready is not in god workouts with reps, not in all time based workouts from the freeletics app and no other time based workouts like pamela reif or similar, for me it makes no sense to have this when I want to create time based workouts…