Is it possible to get training data?

Hello,
as a data engineer, I would like to fetch my personal training data and create my own custom reports/dashboards on top of it. Do you know whether it is somehow possible to get the data?

Thanks in advance.
Pavel

1 Like

Hey Pavel :wave:t2:

It isn’t possible to access our API and pull any Training data in this manner. The only way to access Training Data is by requesting this via the app-so “Profile” tab, hit the settings icon in the top right corner, scroll down to “Privacy”, scroll down to “Export data”.

:clapclapstatic:

Hey Ben,

thanks for your reply. That’s quite a pity that it is not possible to query the API. I love Freeletics so far, but this piece of the puzzle I am missing a lot. Do you have something like that in the product roadmap?

Thanks for letting me know about the possibility with a “Profile” and “Privacy”, however, this option is really tedious and cumbersome. Would rather love to have some automatic data loads.

Cheers,
Pavel

1 Like

Improving access to stats is something that is being worked on in the near future, but to be very honest, I can’t see the API being opened up to outside queries as part of that work.

I’m sorry that I don’t have a more positive response for you :clapclapstatic:

I know I’m really annoying about this…I planned my own statistic tool and my idea crushed very hard because in the training data provided as yaml there is absolutely no information about how many rounds and how often a certain exercises I did in an interval. Is there any chance the provided yaml will be extended to also provide that piece of information?
I like to get rid of my hand written excel list about how many burpees I did :joy:

2 Likes

Hey @melaLetics :wave:t2:

Not at all-I know that statistics are a really important topic to many Athletes (me included)!

Yeah, unfortunately this is going to be a missing. The thing I want to mention is that our data export is not really designed to be a training data export, it really is more of a personal data/GDPR compliant data export.

Until we revamp the access to training data/statistics, and to be very honest I can not promise that this is going to be done any time soon, I can’t see any change to this export being made.

I know it can be a real pain, personally I’m literally tracking on excel my current weight, my daily calories, and my daily exercise/training effort…all whilst using a number of different apps (I think it’s 4 different apps I am using now in total to help me do this) :see_no_evil:

I know for certain it is an area we want to do something around…I just can’t give any indication as to when :frowning_face:

:clapclapstatic:

1 Like

Then the text in the app itself should be adjusted. Because obviously not all training data belong to the user and one does not freely dispose of them.

But I would prefer if really all training data would belong to me :sunglasses:

Damn. I really was just in the right mood to start developing my own statistic tool :sob: