New Feature - Strava integration

Hey Athletes :wave:t3:

Another exciting update has been released today—one that many of you here on the Forum have requested :muscle:t3:

Starting with app version 24.35, you now have the opportunity to incorporate your Strava activities into the Freeletics app, meaning that Strava activities will count towards your Daily Athlete Score consistency metric and your Base :tada:

What you need to know :point_down:t3:

• Make sure you have updated to the latest versions of both Freeletics and Strava apps.
  • Only activities recorded after enabling the sync will be included.
  • Strava activities must be set to “public” for successful synchronization.

How to enable the integration :point_down:t2:

1. Open the Freeletics app.
  2. Navigate to Profile → Settings → Connections.
  3. Toggle the Strava switch on.
  4. Authenticate with your Strava credentials.

Connect-strava

How to manage the integration :point_down:t2:

1. Go to Profile → Settings → Connections.
  2. Toggle off the Strava switch.
  3. Choose between:
    -Disable and Keep Past Data.
    -Disable and Delete Past Data.

Please be aware that disabling the integration from Strava will result in the removal of all synced data from Freeletics, which will affect your metrics.

:rotating_light: Please remember :rotating_light:

• Removing past data from the Freeletics app will also affect Base and Consistency scores, and impact streaks and DAS Consistency.
  • To prevent duplicate entries, enable only one integration at a time (e.g. Apple Watch or Strava).
  • Integration is active from the day of enablement; previous activities won’t sync.
  • Only public activities in Strava will be synced.

:clapclapstatic:

6 Likes

Nice feature! - Any news about garmin integration?

5 Likes

+1 for Garmin integration.

2 Likes

Hi Dominic,

We understand the desire for Garmin integration and appreciate your feedback. The primary reason we implemented the Strava integration is to provide a solution for Athletes whose wearables, including Garmin and others, do not sync directly with Freeletics via Google or Apple health integrations.

By using Strava as a point of connection, we enable many Athletes to connect their activities, even if their specific wearables are not supported. This approach allows us to support a broader range of devices, including also WHOOP and FitBit, through one platform and integration.

Thank you for sharing your question!

2 Likes

Hey Sylvain,
thanks for the explanation! i think alot of the strava users are glad to have the feature.
Also most strava users are using a smartwatch to track - wouldn´t it be nice to have a smartphone/Garmin/Polar/etc. App to track the workouts? And also have a direct connection to Garmin Connect for example? - That would make everything so much easier :slight_smile:

BR Dominic

2 Likes

Nice feature. I’ll test it tomorrow. :metal:t3:

Thank you Ben, this is very usefull. I didn’t use Strava, now I do. I hope in the future we will be able to use other platforms, such as Samsung Health

Hi Freeletics team!

So I have strava and Garmin. If I have garming connect connected to strava, the activity appears in strava too. So now with this feature I will get the activity from my garming to freeletics finaly automaticaly?

So far i had to cheat and write to goggle fit an activity, but i am new, and one day and many will forget.

So does that mean now we can sync Freeletics workouts with Strava and vise versa.

Hi,
Yes, if the activities saved in Strava are “public”, the one you perform after activating the sync will be taken into account in the Freeletics app.

1 Like

This integration only allows Freeletics to get the activities from Strava. It cannot write into Strava activities performed in the Freeletics App.

2 Likes

Was looking for an integration with Garmin, somehow, and this works pretty well.

1 Like

I am really happy that Strava now links with this as it allows me to keep my consistency rating high when I do things like swap out a gym session for a long uphill hike.

The only issue I am having is that when I use the app for a session, also tracking it on my Garmin, it ends up double loading.

I will have strength training x2 and I am unsure how I can delete one of these logs.

Dear ben
I just follow the direction,i didnt find strava icon,and i just already update the freeletics app

I believe you just updated your app so you should be seeing this now :+1:t2:

1 Like

Yup,all set and thank you

1 Like

i did a 10k run and it didn’t register correctly- that’s terrible

Hey Mina :wave:t2:

Can you DM me a screenshot of the run from your Strava activity feed?

Hi Ben, it’s the other way around. I did the run on freeletics( i try to use freeletics before any other app and it also allows me to share it under “community”) and it didn’t register as a run (with all the paces etc) on apple health and strava

The connection to Strava is one way - it works Strava to Freeletics, not Freeletics to Strava. The purpose of this integration is to allow you to sync external activities to the Freeletics app.