Podcast/ music getting really quiet

**Before reporting a potential bug, please first try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. **

In order for our technical engineers to reproduce and understand your problem as quickly as possible, we usually need answers to the following questions :point_down:t2:

-Description of every single step you made until you encountered this error-what did you do, what happened?
:point_right:t2:

• started the training while podcasts on Spotify were playing over the same device
  • a countdown or similar things turn down the volume of other things but doesn’t go up afterwards creating a really loud five, four, three, two, one if you want to be able to hear the podcast at all
  • after closing Spotify completely it’s fine, until the next countdown or pause comes…

-What is the brand and model of your mobile device? (for example iPhone 13 / Galaxy S21)
:point_right:t2: Galaxy A40

-Which operation system is your device using? (for example iOS 13 / Android 11)
:point_right:t2: Android 11

-Which version of the Freeletics app are you using? (for example 6.37)
:point_right:t2: 24.8.4

-Which language is your app set to?
:point_right:t2: was spanish, now german. problem with both languages

-Which timezone/state/country are you in?
:point_right:t2: Germany, GMT +1

-What date and time did this problem occur?
:point_right:t2: lastly yesterday but essentially everytime i play a podcast

-Which browser you are using (if experiencing a bug on our website)?
:point_right:t2:

Be aware that it can take some time to reproduce and fix certain bugs, and so we do not normally give in-depth updates when resolving reported problems.

:clapclapstatic:

Hey Anna,

Does this happen every session that do? Just to understand the behaviour:

1. you play music on Spotify from the same device that you run the Freeletics app from
  2. either the music volume is lowered during in-training announcements such as countdowns
  3. after the announcement, the volume of the music playing through Spotify stays lowered, and doesn’t return to the prior volume level

I think this bit :point_up:t2: has confused me :see_no_evil: At what point does the volume increase sharply?

:clapclapstatic:

Yes, all three points are correct. Every time I tried it (I don’t know when was the first time) the podcast got really quiet after a countdown or a pause (I think, due to sickness I wasn’t able to train for a week)
The volume doesn’t increase. When there is a countdown Spotify gets quieter and usually gets louder again afterwards. But not with podcasts, at least for me.

This sounds like it is more a problem of the Spotify app and not Freeletics. Do you have the same issue if you play music or podcasts in another player?

Nope, only happened with Freeletics. A few times with music but way more often with podcasts