Ban the Perfect Week Streak Badge

How sad it is, to lose such a streak, I fully understand and support this idea.

I myself was just going to write a feature request for the Perfect Week- and Week Streak Badge, suggesting to reward the Perfect Week Badge after only two sessions, so that if you planned more, but due to changed plans, only did two, you still got the streak. I was going to propose to add another, non-streak, badge, which was rewarded once you completed a week with the amount of sessions you had planned.

However, I got redirected to this post and agree with all points mentioned:

1. I haven’t yet been sick long enough to miss a streak, but went on vacation I couldn’t train during. It’s almost devestating losing such streaks;
  2. Altogether, workouts you do that weren’t made by the coach don’t count towards the streak, making it for a feel-bad experience when deciding to train on your own (without the coach);
  3. Altough I never worked out in group, I can see why one would prefer to train what the coach proposed, to secure the streak;
  4. I almost feel like the coach should plan a week off, but the streaks are a motivation to keep going, even though one needs rest, sometimes.

I do feel like the Perfect Week badges should stay, as to provide motivation to complete a week.

2 Likes

I just had a thought:

What about a badge that you get after completing two perfect weeks in row?

Example

• You start off your first week, completed all planned sessions: you get a Perfect Week badge
  • You start and complete your second week: you get a Perfect Week and 2 Weeks in Row badge
  • You start and complete your third week: you get a Perfect Week and 2 Weeks in Row badge again
  • You get sick, couldn’t complete your fourth week: you get no badge
  • You complete your fifth week: Perfect Week badge
  • You complete your sixth week: Perfect Week and 2 Weeks in Row badge gained!

Conclusion

This way, you are still motivated to keep working out week after week, but resting doesn’t feel nearly as punishing because you’re not losing a huge streak.

Has the behaviour been changed in 2024? This week was my 20-th perfectl in a streak, but instead of this budge I went back to 1. This could possibly be a bug, very disgusting

OMG - if this would really has changed, I will burst in tears tomorrow.
I would reach that f***ing 100 Week badge next week. I made screenshots directly after reading this.

I hope not, I’m creeping up on the 40 week streak (tbf it’s still quite a while away, I think).

Interesting. Mine says 2-week streak now.

I never watched this badge and I have no idea what it said a week or two ago.

But I know I haven’t skipped any weeks in months. Looking at the history, which only goes back to 1st October, I don’t have skipped weeks.

I guess I’m just adding it for trouble-shooting. I wouldn’t miss this badge if it were gone.

I’m preparing for an upcoming mental breakdown.
I really hate this badge so much (because of the reasons mentioned in first post) and always thought “Just go until 14th January and than give it a shit about it”.

2 Likes

Fear not @melaLetics, the behaviour hasn’t changed :sweat_smile:

As long as you train the number of days that you have indicated in your Coach, you’ll get a perfect week :+1:t2:

:clapclapstatic:

I keep my fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

I didn’t fall back to first or second week. Let’s see if I’ll get that 100 badge next week…

Ah! So it is a perfect-week-streak, not a week-streak. Ignore my message above please.

I believe it’s a useless feature, along with the DAS and the base thingy. I’ve been a freeathlete for 7 years and I find myself wishing for the old app.

2 Likes

I’ll agree that it’s the three features I have no use for, and don’t think they reflect anything meaningful, but I’ve seen comments from some users that do find the badge useful and motivating.

1 Like

First question is: What is a perfect week. This is based on every individual different. Also everybody has different settings.

Might be more beneficial to count the trainings per week and then sign a batch. Not as a streak, more as a summery. You have completed your 33 week with 3 trainings. With that you get an overview of how man weeks you have accomplished: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 training days. *Yes i would also count the weeks without an workout, just as reference.

Perfect week: you did all your planned sessions this week.
Perfect week streak: you did this X consecutive weeks.

Or was your question more kind of rhetoric?

I feel like it would be much easier to include and also way better from an UX point of view to just add a “PAUSE” or “SICK” mode to the app.
Once activated, the coach no longer plans workouts until you deactivate it. If the mode is activated, the “perfect streak” and also the “Consistency” of the DAS should not be altered.

1 Like