Connectivity with Garmin and other wearables

Hi, firstly I think the app overall is great and has really helped me improve my overall fitness and health. One enhancement I would love to see though is connectivity with Garmin devices for the running programs. Running with your phone is not always ideal (especially in the tropics!) and I find it very frustrating trying to use with the intervals etc. if possible this would really open up the running journeys for me.

Many thanks!

12 Likes

Je vote pour aussi :+1:

I’d agree but I think it should sync with multiple wearables. I use a Polar watch and a wahoo HR monitor

2 Likes

Creo que se debería de poder subir los entrenamientos a STRAVA, ya que es la mayor comunidad de entrenamientos y puede ayudar a mejorar mucho a sus usuarios

Yes , that will be great.

Really miss that option too!

As a Garmin User since years, add the Freeletics intervals manually and keep your phone at home. Add the run manually in app afterwards.
It’s incredibly complex to maintain all watch Interfaces until each one of them have their own interface.

1 Like

Hi Latarion,
can you also share experience on how you track a regular training (without) running on a Garmin watch?
I just bought my first sport watch and made a first training last night.

I basically started a free HIIT training on the watch (having the training running on my iphone in parallel) and stopped / restarted the activity after every exercise and within an exercise for the breaks (if applicable).

Thx!

Hi Christian,

I don’t know if I got your question.

For normal runs I never take my phone with me.
You can add & edit each interval and store it on the watch. Simple select it and run, add it manually. I don’t think the coach check the intermediate timings for his plan for the running journeys.

For the bodyweight part, you can use the HIT profile and rename it if you like and add the screens/details you need. I don’t touch the watch until the workout/session is done. It doesn’t matter for the data.
For bodyweight session I only take care of my phone.

Hi again…

I was expecting that my question isn’t very clear. Actually I was referring to bodyweight and or mixed journey.

To rephrase it from a garmin perspetive:
Are you adding the single exercises from freeletics (lets take the example from my session yesterday: Warmup, Intervall (4 rounds of x,y,z), Aphrodite, 100 High Knees, Cooldown) in Garmin manually as HIIT training? Or are you just starting the free HIIT training once and stop it again once you are done with your full session?

Hope it is clear now, but I think you have answered it already with your last two sentences… just start at the beginning and stop at the end without the single exercises on the watch, right?

Thx

Correct.
I only added manually the running gods or intervals.
For bodyweight I start it and kept it as it is until the end.
You can manually add all Freeletics workouts, but that’s too much effort for me

Ok, clear!
Thank you again!