Create custom workout

The new “create your own workout” feature is promising, but currently cumbersome to use. A few notes on problems encountered:

1. You cannot search for specific exercises. You have to scroll through the entire list.

2. All exercises are added in terms of “reps”. This makes no sense for cario exercises such as running or sprinting (e.g., what does 10 reps of sprinting mean without some distance or duration?).

3. Several common exercises (e.g., biking and rowing) are not available.

4. Logging your workout is difficult. Unlike other Freeletic workouts, you cannot hit the plus (+) button to record the date and length of your workout. You have to hit “start” and go through the whole workout one move at a time, in realtime, which is okay sometimes but often inconvenient.

5. After doing a workout you created, it doesn’t show up in your history.

2 Likes

I agree, it is so cumbersome actually, that I never got around to making one, but made workouts in several other apps though.
I usually give up when I realise I have to scroll through ALL the exercises just to add the first exercise in my workout, no filtering on muscle group or equipment or type of exercise or anything.

I would still like my coach to know all I do so it can adapt and not think I haven’t worked out at all.
For now, registering already done workouts with personal trainer or from other programs and apps take so much time, I don’t do that either.

i was going to create a new thread, but I think I can contribute here.

Creating custom workouts is great! Freeletics is not only my journey following the program but also a straight-out custom-planned program. With the addition of custom workouts, I am creating my own plans (heck, even looking at others’ profiles and using their workouts!). It’s great, but it’s lacking a lot of moves.

I’m not suggesting adding every possible move, but it would be great if I could just put a black text-only custom workout and define reps/weights etc. I don’t need the video or anything, I just need the exercise in my plan. I could then put “Dumbbell Leg Curl” into my custom workout plan, or “Supinating Dumbbell Curl”.

Give me the following and I’ll be happy :slight_smile:

Other notes:

1. Did anyone notice that some exercises show up in the exercises list here but not as Single Exercises? “Shoulder Press”, for example. I can put Shouldder Press to my program, but can’t log it as a single exercise. (Maybe I’m not finding it)
  2. There’s no edit. I would’ve asked for a “Quick Edit” during workout, but even a normal edit for now would do the trick. It’s cumbersome to update the weights right now so I just leave the values at default and track them on a piece of paper. The only option to edit a custom workout is to “Duplicate and Edit”, which is suboptimal.
  3. Notes: This may be niche, but I’d like to be able to leave myself some notes in these custom workouts. I don’t know how they would be displayed, but I was thinking It would help me a lot if I could put a note and let’s say it would appear during the rest period and give me my custom message which could be something like “hey, remember to keep your shoulders straight on the next move” etc.

I hope Freeletics reads these comments… I’d love some improvements to the custom workout feature as mentioned above. I’ve looked and can’t find a way to add my own specific exercise that Freeletics does not include. Also, the ability to filter Freeletics exercises by muscle group.

Still loving the app.

1 Like

The people working at freeletics read the forum regularly. I can’t say if they’ll implement your arguments (which I think are totally valid and legit) but they do read it.

Yes, we do! :eyes:.
Every suggestion or constructive feedback is read by the product team. Of course, it doesn’t mean that everything is going to be worked on, but it’s definitely taken into account for the updates happening in the app. So thank you and keep sharing your ideas with us :raised_hands:

Yes, good idea when it is possible to add own specific exercises! At freeletics we only have about 350 ecercises, other apps and company 2000 or more and many Equipment exercises are complete not available now at Freeletics… At the moment I have to replace my own exercises with similar available Freeletics exercises…

+1 for filter options in the Workout Builder, this would boost the feature to another level.

I totally feel one of the users in this thread, everytime I started the Workout Builder, I quit it right away when I realised that I don’t know the name of my exercise and therefore have to scroll all the way through all exercises. Double annoying that I have to scroll through thousands of equipment based exercises, when I don’t have any equipment at all.

So, please provide some filter options like equipment, muscle groups, difficulty and so on. Basically the same filter options as there already are for the “Single exercise” module would be totally sufficient.

(Next level would be to provide a “supported” option for the Workout Builder, with recommendations based on the coaches knowledge about my fitness level)

1 Like

Not sure it was specifically mentioned in this thread, but Would be great to add runs to the list of available exercises in the “create workout” feature. 100m, 200m, 1km, etc.

Do you want to create custom interval runs or just normal 1km run without pause? The latter you can already do

Thank you. I actually want to be able to have any distance run (from 100m to 5km for example) to be made available as a choice in creating your own workout. Does that make sense?