Lifetime membership

Hi All

Just received an email about the 50% discount on the life membership. I wanted to buy it but I’ve been rejected each time apparently for issues related to my credit card. I’ve tried with different cards, always the same issue. And I do not have any issue with my cards to buy other stuffs.
So am I the only one having trouble to buy this life time membership ?

Cheers

Nicolas

@Ben fyi

HI, same problem here.

Hey @nicollivier and @mazing85 :wave:t2:

I’m sorry you’re both having some trouble here :see_no_evil: I don’t think this is an isolated problem as I can see other Athletes reporting the same in other languages (thank you @melaLetics :pray:t2: ), so I’ll ask the team to look in this to try and understand the problem causing this.

Please bear with us whilst we look in to it-you will not miss out on this offer :+1:t2:

:clapclapstatic:

I’ll come and update you both here once we know what is going on

ok thanks

Hey @here :wave:t2:

So there was indeed a problem affecting some Athletes trying to purchase this. We’ve managed to resolve this and you should now be able to proceed with purchasing if you wish to :+1:t2:

I don’t expect you to but please do let me know if you continue to have problems.

:clapclapstatic:

This is not isolated.

Has been discussed in reddit, Twitter and other medias.

no matter what I do during the payment process, there is simply no way that I can pay for this.

I use the platform for 8 years and even reached out for the official email support try to sort this out but their response was : “non-issue on our end you are on your own. By the way, if you want to deal with the card payment processor, feel free.”

No further support, no response , no resolution, just a “not me jot our problem.”

Simple example, i tries with all credit cards i has, debit cards, digital wallets, everything. And nothing.

Good luck managing to get your lifetime.