Updates and feature removal in the app

Same thing here.

All other FA (some soon to be ex-FA) have covered all the arguments that came to my mind. I discovered the “stand alone Apple Watch” feature by accident… and I bought an Appel Watch BECAUSE of it!

Since then, I never stopped using it.

1. It was a FANTASTIC feature. I don’t run, but when I train outside, some training spots are “risky” regarding having your phone with you. So I loved having the option of going with my Apple Watch only.

2. OF COURSE it’s not reached sufficient popularity because it stayed “BETA / EXPERIMENTAL”.

3. What about PB’s? All FA that got their PB using the stand alone Apple Watch will have a HARD time beating them with having to go back manipulating their iPhone. Having to tap on your watch naturally helps you saving some time VS having to tap on the phone.

I am REALLY considering quitting being a FA as soon as my renewal date is reached.

I have been a FA since march 2016. Adopting Freeletics was a life-changing move, I am very grateful.

But now that I am a confirmed athlete, what I am expecting from Freelectics are top notch features:

. An AI that is the best on the market. A “real AI”, not just a rules based “machine learning” feature.

. Multidevice features. Being able to train inside, on a smart TV, or outside, with nothing but a smart watch.

. A capacity to design “custom WODs” from time to time.

Keep in mind that you also have legacy users. If you want to keep them, LISTEN to them…

8 Likes

Same thing here!

Just 2 hours ago I did a traiining with the watch / phone combo…

Heart rate is gone.

Latency between watch and phone is there.

2 Likes

Well, in this case, why not “branching out” and having a simplified version of the app. for beginners and an advanced one for legacy users.

I would be ready to pay MORE for MORE features…

Advanced fetaures:

. Stand alone capacity on watch

. Custom wods creating capacity

1 Like

Just to say: I’ve checked about 20 fitness apps on the App Store and each app have an Apple Watch version that works without the phone.

2 Likes

I have never considered moving for another app.

Because of the stand alone feature being discarded, I was considering it.

Thanks to @Bettinz info (other Fitness Apps with an independent watch feature), I now know it’s unavoidable… this or I’ll just won’t renew my rearly subscription and go for “freemium” option.

I now know enough about WODs from various “journeys” to create my own… that will mimic them right.

2 Likes

For a beta / experimental feature it worked damn well and it’s really a pain in the a** not having it anymore. Please bring it back! I’d rather take a copy of the Freeletics App that has this feature enabled and never gets updated anymore instead of an app that gets updated weekly without giving me any benefit.

I don’t understand why working and good features get removed again and again. “Beat last time” was also one of those things I still miss although it’s long gone.

5 Likes

I stumbled upon the post by accident because I was wondering why my Apple Watch app wasn’t working correctly. It would be better for the future if Freeletics would communicate better to their users when they change the functionality of their app.

As 90% of the people here I used almost exclusively the Watch app to work out. And honestly being able to work out without my phone is one of the main things that convinced me to stay on Freeletics.

This feature removal really feels like a step backwards.

4 Likes

In my opinion, if you aren’t going to support the stand-alone watch app then Freeletics should really just get rid of the running gods, journeys, and intervals and just stick to the distances as part of the explore tab. Running with a phone is miserable and doesn’t reflect the dedication to athleticism that Freeletics has always been about.

On the other hand, with the standalone app, Freeletics was one of the absolute best apps for runners who wanted to do structured workouts as part of their training. The standalone watch app was unrivaled in the industry and a hidden gem that I really wish Freeletics would have promoted as a competitive advantage over other training apps rather than join the crowd and toss it.

I love Freeletics and will continue using it, but this very disappointing to me and if it is reflective of the direct link that Freeletics is going in the future, I may eventually have to move on

5 Likes

I don’t know exactly If I am right or not but the subscription payment is a kind of contract that we agree on payment.

In every contract, if one of the parts break the agreements then the contract could be finished.

In this case Freeletics have decided to delete and reduce services without advise and other part agreement so, is there any possibility that the contract could be extinguished and partial refund could be asked for in case of cancel subscription before end of cycle?

2 Likes

I am also totally disappointed that the standalone watch feature was removed. This was THE reason i chose Freeletics over other apps. I would not have subscribed if it was not for that feature. I will not renew my subscription if it does not come back. I was really really pissed when I saw that it was removed after the last update…

4 Likes

Its very quiet at freeletics after the final on insta, web and the app? When there will be an update of the app? There were a lot of promises but only we see the watch feature is gone.

1 Like

Removing the standalone Apple Watch feature does definitely not benefit any user - neither in the long nor in the short term, and the experience is also way less integrated now and way harder to use. Have you ever made some coach sessions with the Apple Watch standalone? Now do this again now and compare it. So annoying!

Just bring it back, please!

4 Likes

@Ben - It seems clear that there is a lot of disappointment in the community for the loss of this feature. Could you please bring up this feedback with the team? There appears to be a clear case in favor of bringing it back.

6 Likes

Hi
+1 for Apple Watch feature.
I just subscribed to Freeletics to run without carrying my phone and it’s a BIG disappointment to not be able to use it.

Please bring it back !!

3 Likes

I don’t understand the responses here-I’m training using Freeletics with an Android phone and haven’t had access to any watch feature, and Freeletics is still the best training app I have used in the past couple of years.

If they are going to provide a watch app then they should provide it to everyone (iOS and Android)…or if just to Apple then charge everyone using an Apple Watch double the amount :wink:

4 Likes

@ValeMCM the feature was already here. If you haven’t used it before, well don’t use it in the future. Your post make no sense to me: the app is great for you? Ok, for me either. But right now feature used by a lot of people is removed. Can we complain or we can’t because you haven’t used it before?

1 Like

In some comments it is presented in such a way that it is impossible and unreasonable to go running with the phone. However, Android users of the app show that it works (yes, even intervals). It’s always annoying when something familiar changes or is no longer there. This is human behavior. You can, should and for mental health you even have to express displeasure. You can also get into something disproportionately - it’s just that this is not good for you alone.
I can understand the economic consideration of removing a feature that too few users use and don’t want to “waste” resources on it anymore.
I also lost a much appreciated feature during the cleanup (which had a little more impact on my life than the convenience of not having to carry a phone with me). I thought it was a shame, expressed my displeasure and then turned my attention to more important things.
Burpees for example.

1 Like

If this is correct then ‘a lot of people’ can’t really apply. I understand the frustration of a feature you use being removed but surely it is better to use resources to improve the experience of the other 99% of users?

Granted, if it was only available to beta users and hidden in a menu then perhaps its usage would have been higher but we can only assume Freeletics have conducted such analysis

Having said all that, someone did make a useful comment earlier in the thread- we are seeing a lot being removed, what is being added?

1 Like

I think all apps in top 20 on the App Store have an Apple Watch version that works without the phone. Why? Because the Apple Watch is now a fitness tool used by million of people.
The feature was marked as experimental, never advertised: I think 1% with millions of users is a great milestone. Nevermind, there are other apps on the market. I’ve renewed a month ago, knowing that it will be removed the renew is a waste of money

2 Likes

Hi,
the good ratio that freeletics would need to show to run the app watch business case is 1/ how many users are iphone owners 2/ how many of them are using an app watch and 3/ how many of them are using the experimental never-advertised app.

Second point of the business case, if they remove the standalone app, why are they keeping the standard app ? if it is for cost reasons, let’s get rid totally of the app watch app because the usage is very limited.
As mentionned, as standalone apple watch is what people buying an apple watch are looking for, not just an app to click next…

basically, i’ll probably finish my subscription and go back to NRC for running, which is much more convenient with an apple watch

2 Likes