Updates and feature removal in the app

I add another point: the metrics collected by the Apple Watch are totally different from the smartphone.
Beside the heart rate and recovery heart rate, you have all infos about your run performance (pace, time on the ground etc) and with the new watchOS much more infos in September.
For an AI that want data to train itself and understand how my body is doing with exercises I think it’s important.
Other apps, like NTC or NRC says, for example “start the training from your Watch to collect more infos about the training”.

2 Likes

Similar feelings here—incredibly incredibly disappointed to lose the standalone Apple Watch feature, especially for running. Seems like a pretty standard feature for fitness apps, and I don’t think I ever would have even gotten into running without it.

I started with Freeletics because I had no idea how to exercise—and I still don’t really know, although I’m learning—but it seems like this limits the market to people like me. If I were to get seriously into running, there’s no way I’d keep using an app that couldn’t let me leave the house without my phone. Would absolutely love to get it back.

4 Likes

what about the update?

Bye bye Freeletics! I’m canceling my subscription right now after the Apple Watch standalone feature was removed. I used it almost every day. Such a shame removing this. Very disappointed! But glad to see there are other apps with the option.

3 Likes

I guess there are no authorized people interested in the forum. It is mentioned that there are millions of users in Freeletics ads, but no one responds to what is written on the forum.

I would like to see a more muscle progression feature. You cant log the weight of a weight exercise in a bodyweight journey.

Also I would like to see a dumbell and barbell journey, and more exercises with dumbell or barbell.

I miss PBs dropsets or supersets with weights, it gets no attention of what your 1RM is. You cant really improve in the app.

3 Likes

Hi @Ben,

I appreciate the changes done on the app recently.

After reading this thread, I would suggest you to launch an app for running on Garmin and not close the running app on Apple Watch :slight_smile:

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: The option to change journey is gone in my app. Help please!

So no reply from freeletics team after that messages? @Ben

Explore tab was removed (moved) for me… I really like the new placement and having it in the coach tab. This is where I would expect to find it so I can add extra work to me day :smiley:

4 Likes

Hey Nicola :wave:t2:

I’m sorry I don’t know if I fully understand-are expecting a reply to a message?

:clapclapstatic:

Yes @Ben ,a lot of users expressed an opinion about the Apple Watch feature. Any feedback from the freeletics? Do you still think it’s a good idea to remove it? About every fitness app have an Apple Watch version, does this mean anything to freeletics? The feature was hidden in the “experimental feature” tab, was this an issue about adoption? There are a lot of questions in that thread.

1 Like

I think I’ve already answered all this previously in this thread :point_down:t2:

and :point_down:t2:

We know that there will be a number of Athletes unhappy at this-but we really are hard at work trying to improve the training experience for all Athletes.

We are still very confident that we provide the best personal digital training experience out there-and this is only getting better with the changes that we have started to make.

1 Like

Hi @Ben , maybe it would help soften the blow and help us understand if the Freeletics Team could give us a sneak pic of the upcoming new features that Freeletics is planning on releasing.
We have heard a lot about Freeletics bumping up its prices, and getting rid of some features to allocate more resources elsewhere, but haven’t seen anything concrete to get us excited for the future, yet.

4 Likes

@TomG Yess that would be nice!

Hey Tom :wave:t2:

I have already shared the main focus of current updates in my first post :point_down:t2:

The app already looks hugely different to what it did 2 months ago-and this streamlining of the app to make it easier for everyone to understand the app and have more control over their training will be ongoing for the time being.

Again in the latest update we are further removing more of the shop integrations in the app, for example, from the “Session recap” screen. This is something that we received a lot of feedback on including here on the Forum.

We are also rolling out the removal of the “Explore” for all users over the next few weeks, and incorporating this on the “Coach” tab to make it easier for Athletes to manage and control their training.

Hello.
I’m sorry for you, but freemium version seems to have disappeard too.

@Ben This is feedback from oktober 2021, we are now 9 months further and the only update is removing shop related functions? Is that hugely different then 2 months ago?

Hey Tristan :wave:t2:

You’ve focused on a small part of what I wrote.

That is not the only latest update-I am keeping an updated list near the top of this conversation :point_down:t2:

Two days in a row running with the new app: no heart rate, no view of the current interval running with next steps, at the end I’ve to unlock the phone with the code to save the running (losing my recovery heart rate because in 20 second necessary to unlock it drop from 160 to 140), the sprints are not counted with the app (I’ve to know when 200m end ), and worst I’ve to run with the phone on my arm.

PLEASE, don’t forget us. You’re going to remove features from the app and adding nothing so far.

1 Like