Updates and feature removal in the app

Agree every single word and same situation. Try Fitbod and Apple Fitness Plus as a complement.

I was losing time and energy looking for a reason to justify staying with Freeletics after some years. But sometimes ways go separate.

That is my case and I realized that the most important thing is moving every day. No matter how or which app using but moving and in our case, closing the rings.

I was hurting myself spending time on looking for a perfect app and trying to convince myself that Freeletics was mine.

Today I am using Fitbod and Fitness Plus for yoga.

No matter yesterday or even tomorrow. Life is now.

2 Likes

100% agree and it is really sad. Freeletics was so great for so long, but clearly going the wrong direction. One can only assume it is because funds are being reallocated to the new (and entirely unappealing imho) venture.

I will say though, in Freeletics’ defense, that they have added the workout builder (which was very heavily requested) and have expanded the flexibility of the app by allowing weights and new equipment to be used by the coach (vastly expanding the workout library). They are expanding and improving, it is just slower than we would hope and coming at the cost of some important features and integrations.

2 Likes

You can see that freeletics itself doesnt have the priority anymore. Look at the blog on the website, usually they write 2-4 articles every week. Now it has been 3 months ago they wirted an article. They clearly have other priorities.

2 Likes

More than 2 thousands workouts, paying coach subscription for several years… I just renewed a month ago and now I’ve found that the apple watch app is not available anymore… I may understand that some people requested a workout builder, but please… do not remove functionality.

3 Likes

So no updates in almost 2 months?

1 Like

Hey Nicola :wave:t2:

There is an update released pretty much every 2 weeks which usually contains fixes to bugs, improvements to the app infrastructure and other aspects of the training experience. Not every update will contain a brand new feature-which in particular take a long time to develop, certainly much longer than 2 weeks.

The main purpose of this conversation was not to have a running list of every app release but rather to give an overview of the below :point_down:t2:

:clapclapstatic:

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: Open - Single exercise rep count does not appear as expected

and what about chromcast user ? seriously, it’s a ridiculous argument

1 Like

I agree with @Mitch . Though I am not an apple user, but, I understand how much apple watch users miss that feature. I have seen a ton of people insisting to bring it back. However, I have never come across a single person wishing for chromcast feature. And what value does it even bring to the users? Just that they can see the app running on a bigger screen? Or have I completely missed the point about chromcast?

4 Likes

Hey @Ben , hope youre well

Iv been reading the comments because i also used the app with the watch.

People talked about the data of the training which is true but it is mainly about time and ease of use.
I dont understand how someone can train on Freeletics while holding their phone or always searching for a place to put it in the gym close to you to skip exercises and get good timing.

The features on the watch can be minimal and work on whatever you guys are planning for the future.

You have a good training strategy, application and a lot of users so please if you can tell us when are you planning to add it back.

Thank you

1 Like