How many sessions or days before I get a visible change?

I am using freelectics coach for bodyweight exercises. Following cardio and burn journey for weight loss. I am halfway through but have not reduced any weight (only one kg reduction). Of course, I am following proper diet which is protein Rich. I can feel or notice the increase in strength but I am unable to find difference in weight. No change in clothes size either.

What am I doing wrong?

2 Likes

You probably aren’t doing anything wrong since you are getting stronger and therefore are building muscle (the magic word is body recomposition). So to say you are exchanging fat for muscle in regards to weight - which means you are doing great :muscle:

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. If I am replacing fat with muscle, size od my clothes trousers or pants should change right, because muscle is denser and gives a toned lean structure. But I am still having the same clothes fit.

Since you are just halfway through your journey, and on the right path, it will take a bit more time and of course, a proper diet is also key to achieving your goals. I can’t say anything about that though as I don’t know you personally

1 Like

Thank you…:innocent:

In my thoughts, protein adds to weight. Maybe change your diet slightly. What kind of protein are you using? If it is red meat and chicken look to changing and use mushrooms and greens. Freeletic nutrition has vegetarian options which you may want to add three days a week. Plus just as Mike said you are doing nothing wrong. Your doing good and asking the question to be better.

1 Like

I can imagine you feel frustrated, most of people expect a drastic change in the first month. Unfortunately that’s most of the time not possible, specially bc our expectations most of the time are too high.

I saw this post in Instagram the other day about that. It’s in Spanish but I will translate it for you.

“Most of the people judge their progress based on weight and measures. When they should judge it based on Better relationship with food, energy, muscle mass, fat %, measures, weight, mental health, performance”

Enjoy the journey, be consistent and you will see results! This is a marathon, not a sprint :wink:

3 Likes

I’m experiencing the same thing. I have to add: I am not dieting very well, so I can’t blame freeletics on me not loosing any weight. But I feel so much stronger and am fit enough to add a small run after my workouts now. I hope to be able to loose weight this way in the future.

2 Likes

I use eggs and whey as primary source. I eat chicken once every week. Rest of they days my protein source is primarily vegetarian. I take whey on 5 days a week. I could see increase in strength, stamina and flexibility.

Thank you for translating it. Although I couldn’t see difference in weight, I could definitely see increase in strength and stamina and a positive mindset change. Flexibility of my body has increased as well. This are why I show up for every freelectics scheduled session.
Is there any way to measure muscle mass and fast percentage?

1 Like

Let’s show up regularly and hope for best. According to me, you showing up to do some exercise is an achievement in itself. All the best

3 Likes

Happy to hear that you are feeling more energetic!

Regarding with the muscles mass and the fat %, here is an article about it but keep in mind that they are just one part of the equation of being healthy :wink:

1 Like