Leaderboard section

When was you looked at the “leaderboard”. How much do you check. For example, did you look today. This week, this month… maybe you’ve just checked it once or twice for all the time beyond.

When I shared my opinion on this elsewhere a while ago. In response they said: “We don’t get motivated by that type of thing, so we don’t think it’s necessary.” If so why is there a leaderboard tab?

However, the leaderboard can provide a highly motivating benefit. Friendly competition creates a gamification effect.

So why isn’t it working? It doesn’t work because its design is missing. The filter must be added; weekly, monthly, yearly and all time, gender, age group, city and country etc. What about you, do you have an opinion you would like to add on this subject?

Concerning HI(I)T, I am not a fan of competitions, even of “friendly ones”.

Trying to do something faster than someone else almost always leads to a miserable technique, with which in the end you won absolutely nothing.
Technique ahead of time. Therefore, I am even in favor of a general abolition of the leaderboard or any ranking (the current one in terms of points is meaningless anyway).

And if somenone wants to measure him-/herself against the times of others when (s)he doesn’t know whether the exercises were performed correctly (I can also lie on the sofa, nibble pretzel sticks and click my way through a workout), (s)he should be happy to do so. As long as there is no referee standing by and checking the movements, that’s pretty pointless.

The only comparison of importance is the one against myself.

1 Like

@melaLetics this list is about the total training volume, the arguments you wrote are not relevant to this list. However, there are other lists with a similar name. To develop them, a separate opinion is required, so that’s another issue.

An update on the leaderboard section would be much appreciated!

I guess you could just ignore this feature if you don’t want to compare your time with others.

Yes, bringing this data to the leaderboard is a great update!

Some people like me are motivated by running against the time of others. It may not be the perfect measurement, but it keeps me on track. Like AOhReallyUh said here:

Love freeletics! Keep improving the app!

I mean it’s a bit more abstract but you could just try improving your DAS then and compete with other athletes of the same gender, age and weight group :)?

Yes I can, but a leaderboard would be better :grinning:
If at least there was an easy way to see other people’s DAS, then I could follow and compete with them.
Like the app is now, I have to randomly find someone at the same level as me to compete with.

1 Like

According to Freeletics, the athletes training data is the property of the athlete. In this case, the choice if your data is used for a ranking should be made by yourself. A ranking should be an option and not a mandatory feature.

But with that logic, the DAS should fall into that category as well, doesn’t it? Because its also a kind of ranking that should belong to the athlete and should rather be optional then mandatory. :thinking:

The DAS is anonymous.
But to be honest, I’m not a fan of the strength and speed metrics because those are comparisons with other.

I am not against a leaderboard.

I do not think it would hurt anyone, and for the users that don’t want to participate, an opt-out option could be added. This is pretty standard.

Yes, I check the existing leaderboard from time to time. I definitely prefer having it to not having any insight into the community. Without it, I would feel that I was the only person using the app. The sense of community and knowing that others use the app and move forward is good.

On expanding the feature, and adding a global leaderboard and/or new metrics and filters - for me personally, not a game-changer. I would not request this myself, nor would I choose to continue or cancel my subscription based on this feature. However, if the feature was expanded - yep, I’d take a look from time to time. Not concerned about cheaters, because there are cheaters on every leaderboard, so this should be based on trust.

Ultimately, the question here is - how well this aligns with the needs of the majority of the users, so the Freeletics team might want to do some research, or maybe they have already done it?

1 Like

I’ve been using the leaderboard to track my progress. I was ranked 64th, and now I’m in 9th place on the leaderboard. I’m refraining from following more people due to the lack of usefulness in the user-discovery feature within the app.

So you just track the frequency of your own app usage.
As I said before (not sure in which topic): you can reach level >100 without ever doing a sit-up, pullup, pushup or burpee - just by performing a foam roller interval for regeneration a multiple times per day.

This is why I haven’t been doing any of the regeneration workouts with the Freeletics App. I tried it when they introduced it to the app, but as soon as I saw +450 points, I stopped using it. I’m not interested in earning easy points.

In your case, this could be true. But you don’t know how another user with higher level you compare yourself with “earnt” his points.
It might be nice to see yourself climbing up that ladder - but it really doesn’t mean progress in terms of fitness, speed, skills and techniques (it just shows that you use the app). I guess that’s why DAS was introduced - although no one knows how to use it to improve oneself.

1 Like

@Pawel Leaderboard has been removed with newest update (23.35.0)