New Experimental Feature for Android - Chromecast

I do every Workout in my livingroom. In the past, i used the screen-mirroring from Android. I missed a landscape mode from freeletics. So i was excited to test this feature.

My opinion after a short streching: i dont like the partition: too much space just to read which excercise is the next.
For me a no go: i use Spotify to hear music. Without a spotify integration icant cast freeletics and spotify on the same time. Too bad this Integration was gone in the past.
So i will stay on screen-mirroring. :pensive:

1 Like

I don’t have Chromecast so it’s of no use for me, but I also don’t see the need to be honest. If it’s just integrated from staedium, ok but I feel there are other features that would be higher on the list for a lot of users.

1 Like

What is better, If I have two minutes exercise of kettlebell swings, but it’s too heavy. So I take breaks during the exercise. Or l, to Lower the weight and do two minutes without breaks?

It’s an indication that the weight you are using is too light to be honest (and the Coach has to assign the exercise for a much longer period to ensure you reach the point of failure), so you ideally should add a heavier kettlebell to your equipment for certain exercises.

I can see you’ve got a really wide range of weights already which is ideal, but you’ve essentially “topped out” at the heavier end.

Hope that is clear :+1:t2:

:clapclapstatic:

@Xavier - Out of curiosity, what did you change to? FL is still the best that I can find so I’m curious

Hi Ben!

I changed to Fitbod.
Pros and cons compared to Freeletics, as always.

I think that Freelatics has a terrific ux, but Fitbod is >> for what concern the effectiveness of the workouts. In particular using weights.

Xavier

Guys what is wrong with you.

Thanks!
But for example if the coach gives me 2 minutes of kettlebell swings, but I can do only one minute, take few seconds break and do 30 seconds more, is this the way I should practice? Or I need to set the coach for lighter weight in which I can do the entire 2 minutes exercise without breaks?

I like the feature, as I was screen mirroring my workouts do my tv so far. I was able to activate the feature, but it’s hit or miss if the casting button appears. Sometime it’s there sometime it’s not. When the casting button isn’t shown, turning the experimental features on and of isn’t helping and restarting the app isn’t helping either.

1 Like

I have the button only in my home-WLAN. If i’m on mobile Internet, there is no button.

I am pretty sure I was connected to wifi. As I was able to cast Spotify to my Google home when I couldn’t get Freeletics to work. But next time I will try to turn WiFi off/on again.

While working out Yesterday I didn’t see the cast button for the warm up, but once I got to my first interval the button appeared. Maybe it just takes a while for now and could be fixed in the future

Any answer?

2 Likes

Just provide the coach the feedback “I couldn’t do all repetitions without breaks”. That’s what it’s there for! :muscle:t3:

Also, this is not the right thread/forum to ask. :wink:

1 Like

Hey Christian
There is no feedback like that in the kettlebell exercises unfortunately

I as well use spotify or youtube music with screen mirroring most of the time. Now i can see exercises and timer but no audio. Even exercises count down alerts and claps etc comes thru phone which is not really useful. I need to go back to screen casting as i can get audio and video at same time atleast as of now

1 Like

Ehm, a casting feature, are you serious? For the rich kids with their big houses or what?

Maybe you can offer Yoga and Pilates courses aswell now. We don’t have so much of them and fits perfect with the whole free athlete story. Summer is starting, Corona is over and now we shall cast at home?

Come on guys, don’t be fool, listen to your customers and stop developing such bullshit.

Sorry for my words!
Instead of such useless feature you could bring back this f*** watch app back.

2 Likes

You mean the app for elite people with an Apple Watch? /jk

1 Like

Hey @mark1998

That shouldn’t be true. You still should be able to indicate the weight was too heavy. :point_down:t2:

:clapclapstatic:

Yes
But there’s no indication of taking breaks

Hello! “Experimental Features” is enable but I cannot see chromecast Icon, why? I tried in 2 differents phones, Galaxy S8 + and Galaxy S20 + :frowning: