Running Elevation

Hi All,

I have been a big runner for a while and love to run hills. I always find that I can get a better workout from hills than I can from running flat. That said, if doesn’t seem like Freeletics takes elevation into consideration. I would love to see the app at least track my elevation gain on my runs.

It would be amazing to have 'Elevation" or ‘Hills’ as an equipment option for running journeys and have assigned runs based on elevation gain rather than just distance.

Would anyone else be interested in seeing elevation gain tracked and/or utilized by Freeletics?

3 Likes

Yeah Adam, this is something that comes up fairly regularly if I am honest. Running a 5km Coach assigned workout on a 400m flat track is a very different experience to running a 5km cross-country route-particularly where I live near the :mountain:

I think it’s probably fair to say that this is something that we know is missing from the app at the moment, a lot of Athletes probably don’t use a treadmill or track to complete their runs and this just isn’t really reflected in the current Running experience.

The good news is that we are aware of this and we do plan on working some changes in to Running in the future :+1:t2:

Are you someone who measures their runs in distance “climbed” rather than distance “ran”? :laughing:

1 Like

Great to know that the team is looking at it. I am always impressed with what Freeletics creates and thought this was an odd omission. I usually track my runs by distance, but love to look at how my elevations stats stack up. Especially with the new badges, I thought that it would be great to see some elevation based badges for running.