Saludos a todos desde Tenerife 😉. Vamos a darle caña al cuerpo

Hi @Michael! Welcome to the Community. :slight_smile:

We also have a separate German Forum - you can find it here: https://forum.freeletics.com/c/deutsches-forum/9

Kieran here. Freeletics since… end of 2017 possibly…
Freeletics made me a very different person. I was then 39, heading towards complacency, maybe even a bit on the chubby side. Then former wife broke up with me - apparently she had had an affair for years, took my money and the children. Freeletics carried me through that crisis. Literally a lifesaver.

Guess what? The Momentum still persists. I feel stronger and more resilient than ever:
Currently I am training for Murph, so a bit less Freeletics - but Freeletics brought me to this point where I know I can tackle Murph with vest, no sweat (almost :grinning:).

Looks like I will do this for many more years.

4 Likes

Hey @Kieran :wave:t2:

Welcome to the Forum :clapclapstatic: I love hearing this kind of thing :point_down:t2:

Keep crushing it! :muscle:t2:

2 Likes

Hi.
Zeeshaan here. Thanks for allowing me to join the freeletics forum! I have been a freeletics member for the past 2 years. It is the one app which has kept me motivated (And I’ve tried quite a few!). I have seen such an improvement in not only my physique but my mindset as well! Freeletics has kept on pushing me and my fitness levels continue to improve everyday!

I have trained in all weather conditions. The reason I started with freeletics was just to be fit but the results have now become my reason to continue! In these challenging times globally it is important to stay healthy physically and mentally which is why I recommend the mindset feature as well.

4 Likes

Hi everyone,

I’m Owen here from Singapore.
Just discovered this forum by means of the very fast Helpdesk!
Been enjoying freeletics for almost a year now… after a failed attempt in 2017!
Started out with adidas app when lockdown started but it became too repetitive. I must say freeletics really has been the one that kept me going!

I actually have a question:
Pull-ups in the app seems to be swinging the legs to get momentum for the pull ups. However my bar is at the door frame and would not take so much force.
Would anyone know if they were to say 25 pull-ups and I were to replace it with strict pull ups, estimate % acceptable for strict pull ups?

Owen

4 Likes

Hey Owen, I was looking around as I was pretty sure we had a similar question previously - I’ve built on the previous response below :point_down:t2:

It really doesn’t work like that for most Athletes-there are just different muscle groups involved as pullups and strict pullups serve a different purpose-essentially they are used to elicit a different stimuli to the body, in order to provoke different adaptations.

In short, strict pullups are usually better able to elicit muscular/ strength development, while pullups are more a full body exercise good for coordination and muscular endurance.

As a very general rule of thumb, and depending on how proficient the technique is, one can usually do 2x to 3x more pullups than strict pullups.

Pullup bar setups in the home can vary greatly and this can affect how and what Pull-up Bar exercises you are able to do. I have stated elsewhere on this Forum that it just isn’t possible for us to mitigate for every possible pullup bar setup in the home environment. In the videos, there is indeed an exaggerated kipping motion, but this full swing is not necessary in order to complete the exercise. There are lot of potential ways of dealing with this but here are 2 different solutions to your problem that I would consider:

1. You can manually exclude those Pull-up bar exercises that you are not currently able to do with your current setup, essentially encouraging the Coach to assign those Pull-up bar exercises that you can do.

2. Sticking to the instructions from the Coach are important, but equally important is the fact that you should feel able to adapt an exercise in a way that allows you to complete it. With “Pull-ups” the instructional video shows an exaggerated kipping motion-if this is not possible you could be able to adapt the exercise in such a way that allows you to complete it safely, i.e.lifting the knees up and using a less vigorous kipping motion.

Welcome to the Forum by the way-and thanks for contributing already with a great first question! :clapclapstatic:

1 Like

Hey @Zeeshaan :wave:t2: Great that you have been able to join us :clap:t2:

Thanks so much for the clear and detailed explaination! I got what you mean and will modify accordingly.
Was trying to keep to the program as much as possible to maximise gains :slight_smile:

Thanks for the invite and welcome. Great to see the Freeletics community here!

Thanks once again, Ben, for taking the time for this!

Stay safe, stay healthy everyone!
Owen

2 Likes

Hi Free Athletes! My name is Adam. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and have been doing Freeletics for 5+ years now. My main fitness goal is to train for obstacle course racing (I will be racing in the Spartan Trifecta World Championships this year!). Freeletics has been the core of my training for years and I am obsessed. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions about training for OCR or otherwise using Freeletics as part of a bigger training program.

This is such a great idea for Freeletics. The Community has always been one of my favorite parts of the sport and I am excited to have an official forum now!

I can’t wait to see how Freeletics continues to develop and grow as a partner in all of our fitness journeys.

3 Likes

Hi everyone. Good to be here. Anyone here from Australia? I’m in the Blue Mountains and am looking for a Freeletics fitness buddy.

3 Likes

Hey There, I am a pretty active Freeletics member and will move from Germany to San Francisco in August for some years. I am Searching Freeletics communities or some active Athletes / Ambassadors in San Francisco. Does anyone know some? That would be fantastic. Thnanks Norman

2 Likes

hey Adam, I am moving to san Francisco in August. I am from Germany. Is there a freeltics community or some more active people like you to meet with for exercises? That would be a great start in a new city

2 Likes

Hallo, ich bin Kasimir und ab jetzt hier auch dabei.

1 Like

Hi, I am Adi from India, thanks for inviting me to this community.
I just started my hybrid journey today, using ‘3 times a week’ frequency.
Looking fwd to engaging more and learning from all of you!

2 Likes

Hi Norman! Welcome to the Bay Area! I live outside of the city but there is a FB group for San Francisco Free Athletes. I would recommend checking it out and reaching out to them. There is a great calisthenics park in the north end of the city (The Marina District) that is perfect for Freeletics and is frequented by bodyweight athletes of all kinds. I would recommend checking it out and crushing some Freeletics workouts there. You might even recruit some people to join you :smiley:

2 Likes

Thans so much for your information. Where or how can I find the FB group San Francisco Free Athletes? I tried to google and search them but did not find anything. Do you have a link or address? Thanks a lot. Norman

1 Like

Adam might have a different group in mind, but this is one of the FB Groups in San Francisco. It’s the one linked to most of the registered training spots for the area.

2 Likes

Thanks Ben! You beat me to it. This is the group I was talking about :smiley:

2 Likes

Hey all, just joined Freeletics last week, so far have done two runs and a strength workout. I’ve used a ton of other workout apps in the past and so far I’m loving this. Ability to use my own playlist? Yes please!

I’m in Ipswich, MA, USA. Not sure if there’s other folks in the area.

1 Like

Hi, I’m Alexia! I got Freelectics at the start of the pandemic, but stopped using it for a while - now trying to get back into a slightly more intense workout regime! I’m based in the UK and I generally focus on strength training in my workouts as I’m hypermobile, so always trying to build up strength to avoid joint injuries (and just because being strong is fun!).

3 Likes