2024 Training Goals

Anyone have any specific or interesting training goals they are working towards this new year?

:clapclapstatic:

1 Like

Hitting a 1-rep max deadlift with two times of my bodyweight (74kg)

Current 1-rep max deadlift is 137.5kg

2 Likes

not just a training goal, but an overall one that I’ve been working on for a few months now: work more with my body and not against it; identifyind and minimizing stress factors, improving sleep quality, paying more attention to my own needs and increase performance. 2023 was a disaster in terms of me time (every weekend was scheduled for social obligations for over half a year, no vacation) - that has to change.

3 Likes

I’d like to learn to do archer pushups and maybe even pull-ups, as well as be better at eating clean, and maybe even try batch cooking, the idea of which goes very much against my ways :grinning: Each of these a very tough goal for me

2 Likes

That should definitely change :sweat_smile: I feel like I need to move more towards you, I’m the complete opposite-everything for me is spontaneous and last minute :see_no_evil: I’m sure there is a happy balance there in the middle somewhere :smile:

Ah nice goals Sofia!

Have you seen this before? :point_down:t2:

Sounds like the middle between us would be more desirable. A bit of structure and just as much room for flexibility.

1 Like

For me only goal is to stay consistent all year long, everything else should follow I believe.

Happy 2024!!

1 Like

Yes, I want to do the 10k run (if covid doesn’t strike my goals, it should be very doable), be able to do at least 15 pushups perfectly and just like Sofia, I also want to be able to do a pull-up at the end of the year.
Apart from that, try to eat more protein consistently :sweat_smile: and listen to my body more, if I’m really sick (and should stop training) or just having allergies (not needing a break, or just a lighter session)

2 Likes

Dragonfly’s are something I’d like to master this year. I’m finding that I can’t just jump in and start doing sets of them like my coach is asking!

sort of on and off topic I guess :slight_smile:

My 2023 goal was to get stronger and add 4kg. I only managed to add 2kg so I am disappointed and wondering if I should be doing things differently
I have seen progress but very slow; like I could not do any diamond pushup and now I can do 2 :slight_smile:

So my 2024 goal is either to get stronger and add 4kg (again) or to learn to set more realistic goals :smiley:

(I started at 53kg in end of January 2023; I am now at 55kg ; for 173cm…)

1 Like

@Mat-t, personally, I’ve got a very similar goal, though I’m not fixtaing myself on one specific number. I “just” tell myself that I want to improve my weight (in my case gain weight) and try to do so by trying to eat right and work out.

In my case, I haven’t been able to gain over 3kg/year (as far as I recorded it, and only counting from when I started doing Freeletics, August 2022), but see/saw gradual improvements nonetheless.

Progress is progress, no matter how little! If you see it like that, it becomes easier, in my opinion.

2 Likes

Thanks @lajawi for sharing your experience and for your kind words !

1 Like

For me my objectives are:

1- be able to do a few reps of 20 kg double dumbbell bench press, double dumbbell shoulder press and double dumbbell squat

2- to be able to run 10 km

3- master a skill. Full hanging leg wipers or One handed pushup

My goal is to get 8 hours sleep a night - presently averaging 5. Too tired to make good choices or to keep to a good workout routine

1 Like

why don’t you give the option to connect freeletics with fitbit!!! unfortunately nothing happens when I connect health connect, however I mainly use fitbit and I would like it to pair with freeletics. I never fill those 17 minutes a day like this :frowning: