About that Apple Watch app

sorry - did not see the poll in time. I would have picked:

• (a) use a remote control
  • (b) know the next exercise
  • (c) track my runs
  • (d) seeing the pause
2 Likes

Sorry also did not see the poll. Sounds brilliant you are considering the app back. Thank you for listening to the feedback :slight_smile:

For me the by far most important feature I used was

• Not require your phone to swipe to the next exercise; aka a remote control

And then as the swing most used feature:

• To know the next exercise without looking at the phone; aka see whatā€™s coming next

The following would be nice, but not at the expense at the above two features:

• Do my workouts without touching my phone

Missed this poll. Just signed up to freeletics and am very disappointed to see that Apple watch is currently not supported. Hope you guys would release it back soon.

Even if you could release it as a timer and remote would be tremendously helpful. It should give a vibration feedback to let you know when the rest is over.

Here are my requests:

• a) use a remote control
  • (b) know the next exercise
  • (d) seeing the pause
1 Like

Missed the poll, too:

X Not require your phone to swipe to the next exercise; aka a remote control
X To know the next exercise without looking at the phone; aka see whatā€™s coming next
X Seeing the pause between exercises/rounds
X Track my WORKOUT without using my phone at all
X Do my workouts without BRINGING my phone

@here We can see that some of you did not have the chance to respond on time to the first poll before we closed it. So here is a new one.

What were you using the Apple Watch feature to do?
  • To know the next exercise without looking at the phone; aka see whatā€™s coming next
  • Seeing the pause between exercises/rounds
  • Track my run without using my phone at all
  • Other (please feel free to elaborate in the comments below)

0 voters

2 Likes

I would like to elaborate more about the Apple Watch app.

Iā€™m my experienceā€¦ I use an Apple Watch to go outside and do my exercises without my phone at all. Phones are bulky and I donā€™t like to have my phone jumping around when I need to run or with some burpees.

Apple announced a way to add personalized routines inside the native workout app. This should be pretty easy to implement. With this Freeletics should be able to implement the routines inside the native app and use the native heart rate tracking and threshold capabilities.

Freeletics can use this new route or just create an usable Apple Watch app capable to track and do your workouts alone without a phone.

Another example is the Nike Run Club app that i usually use. In that app I need to download the workout before hand to use it with my Apple Watch. Then I can start it even without cellular data. This was another thing that I hated about Freeletics, I needed to have internet connection to start a workout and then I was able to do it without internet. In an old version of the app I was able to start and finish a workout without internet and the app sincronized alone in the background when I came back home.

1 Like

In short, having the app (back) would be a game changer.

2 Likes
  • Start/Stop/Forward excercises (basically a simple remote)
  • Track training data like HR again and integrate them with Apple Health, so thereā€™s no need to have additional training apps open on the watch besides Freeletics.

That would be a perfect start for me.

Hi Team,

We discussed the Garmin integration here:

Some of the functionalities could be the same for Apple Watch!

1 Like

Injury prone subscriber here! I am late to this but I hope this means you are bringing Apple Watch support back? Iā€™d like to think with improvements in areas like heart rate monitor the devs can use more science in the coach? Echo many other comments across your European subscriber base that this is a major gap- also consider that apple has 25% market share globally for smart watches ā€¦

1. Start/Pause/Stop/Forward exercises
  2. Track training data like HR again and integrate them with Apple Health, so thereā€™s no need to have additional training apps open on the watch besides Freeletics.
  • See where your workout journey isā€¦
    +++Excersise counter based on your movement :))
1 Like

Just restarted Freeletics subscription after a hiatus and canā€™t believe there is no Apple Watch. Is there any way at all to get the heart rate monitoring to work while we wait for the new watch app? I was thinking I could run an app like z2 at the same time as Freeletics, but then every workout would be recorded twice.

3 Likes

Please, please, please bring back Apple Watch support. Soon!
Iā€™m already heavily looking for alternatives to my beloved Freeletics app as your journeys really suck when doing any runs outdoors ( I need to take my mobile with me to know when to make the breaks or I donā€™t want to leave the mobile where I did my warmups)

4 Likes

Same here.

Could we dream about the return of Apple Watch app soon ???

1 Like

Time to pay attention to user feedback, FL.

3 Likes

Missed the pole by a long time but still : all of the above, which I guess mean being able to rely solely on the watch to complete a workout. It would be especially useful for the PBs.

Thanks for considering bringing back the watch app, it would be absolutely brilliant.

2 Likes

Any news on the Apple Watch roadmap?

1 Like

Just came back to Freeletics after some time off. The loss of Apple Watch support is a huge disappointment, one of the best features! Very hard to understand the rationale behind removing it. Agree with all above

2 Likes

1 Like