About that Apple Watch app

Still no watch support - stupid decision; been a customer > 6 years, will not renew my subscription in november

1 Like

Working closely with software developers, I have a feeling that the Apple Watch app is being worked on given the feedback requested. That said, would love for things to be rolled out piece by piece rather than all at once, if possible, so that users can get our hands on the most important features first while the rest are being polished up.

1 Like

I have been using Freeletics on and off for about 9 years. Probably my off time when there was an apple watch integration because I had no idea that was a thing. Can someone explain to me what was the reason behind removing the feature?
Seems like a no brainer to have it integrated but hey

1 Like

Hi,
please bring the support back.

• Not require your phone to swipe to the next exercise; aka a remote control
  • To know the next exercise without looking at the phone; aka see what’s coming next
  • Seeing the pause between exercises/rounds
  • Track my run without using my phone at all
  • Do my workouts without touching my phone
  • Get the watch track the pulse more often in starting from the watch

Bring it back step by step is also fine … please!

1 Like

Do you have any information on when the Apple Watch app will be restored?

3 Likes

Is it ever coming back? It’s been months…

2 Likes

Apple Watch integration was one of my biggest pulls to start using Freeletics years ago. Has some of the most accurate tracking for time in a workout as well as calorie burn/heart rate. Plus I loved not need to go back to my phone a million times just to exercise. I Just purchased the lifetime subscription and came back after a hiatus and was so frustrated then disappointed when I realized this support was removed. Considering cancelling and requesting a refund now that the main functionality I loved is gone. Please bring back Apple Watch support!

2 Likes

I see that the thread is closed now, but I just also want to say that I’m really missing the function of using my watch as a remote to go to the next exercise. And also to stop an exercise , on for example a run.
I like many others wear earbuds while training, so count downs etc I don’t need. I hear that in the buds. It wasn’t bad that the countdown existed on some exercises, like interval running where the rest between exercises can be up to a couple of minutes long.
I liked that I could see my pulse.
I always have the phone nearby, it would be great to be able to leave the phone behind when going running or doing intervals, but the remote control function is more important. I also have the music on the phone and not the watch , so the phone is normally coming for runs. Thanks
-L.

2 Likes

The thread was absolutely invisible.
I loved the Apple Watch app and I miss it!
I really loved to be able to train outdoor without my phone.
When I train I like to see my heartbeat and figure in which cardio zone I am.
Since the removal it’s impossible to see this information.

Can’t wait to see the watch app coming back!

2 Likes

Are there any information will and when apple watch app will be available again?

1 Like

I just signed up for Freeletics again a week ago after not using it for a few years, and I apparently missed the Apple Watch integration completely while I wasn’t using it. I Googled to see if there were plans and came across this thread.

I want to be able to use independent ideally for runs. But even if it required your phone and integrated more tightly with heart rate for workouts posted to Apple Health. Right now I have to keep the Apple Health integration disabled and track workouts separately on my watch. Not ideal.

I’ve tried many workout apps and I still think after all these years Freeletics is the best, at least for the calisthenics type workouts I like. But the lack of Apple Watch integration seems like a glaring flaw and something holding it back in popularity, at least in the US where Apple Watches are so popular.

Pleeeease bring (back) Apple Watch support.

2 Likes

Hi, I used the AppleWatch app a lot, mainly when working out at the gym and outside - it was super helpful when was raining. Also, phone is not suitable for cardio sprints, very hard to focus on run and hold your phone to check the time - when watch app is restored, please add beep sound for interval start and double beep for finish or break - this way we can train without looking at the watch or phone especially if you already know your set. Currently I cannot use the app when working out at the gym as looking at the phone and scrolling through the exercise is not great - with watch app I started the training once and I just let it go on focused on the exercises glancing only at the watch to see the next set.
Generally watch app was good, but sometimes was lagging behind the phone - exercises would not change and I would have to reach for the phone from time to time - but this happened very rarely. Thanks

1 Like

Ok, been holding out since May for Apple Watch integration to come back. Finally decided not to renew Freeletics again and find another workout App that integrates Apple Watch. Any suggestions?

Any news? No is as well a valid answer. Be fair to your users, pls. Happy new year to all!

2 Likes

We’ll always proactively share news on any update :+1:t2:

:clapclapstatic:

Thanks for that. Any prediction, when it can be back, if planned? :pray:

3 Likes

I can’t commit to a prediction-it just wouldn’t be accurate.

:clapclapstatic:

Thank you. When the watch app is back, I’ll be back too.

2 Likes

I just came back to Freeletics after a couple of years, also because Adidas Training is being retired. However, when I started using the app I was surprised that there was no (longer an) Apple Watch app. This is something that is really a shame, because it adds so much to the experience.
I would really love to see the Apple Watch app for Freeletics return, soon!

3 Likes

Really miss the Apple Watch App! Hope you are working on it for your users

3 Likes