Bootcamp Episode 2

Hi everyone, it’s Vanessa again from our Bootcamp.

I hope you all you loved the first episode that we shared last week :smile:

This week we would like to share with you Episode 2, where our Bootcampers did their first burpees (I am sure you all know how much we at Freeletics love our burpees :wink:) and you all know how that feels :smiley:

We also did some training outside in the rain, #NoExcuses right :laughing:

After the first week or two of a new Training Journey or routine, you’re likely to realise that your body might need to go through some changes as a result of using some muscles that might have been sleeping a while and suddenly feel like they have a lot of work to do. This typical results in some muscle soreness, and this is what we are going to talk about quickly here :point_down:t2:

If you’ve got any questions on the topic please feel free to throw them below :point_down:t2:

ClapClap,

V

5 Likes

“Show me where it hurts” :sweat_smile:
If you’re doing it right, all over :grimacing:

3 Likes

Hi @Vanessa :wave: I’m loving this series so far, and looking forward to seeing how everyone progresses. Quick question for you, any tips on what can we do to combat muscle soreness? I always like the idea of resting after a really hard session but then my legs and arms just completely seize up like concrete :joy:

3 Likes

A fascia roll such as Blackroll is king! It really helps to grind out the soreness.

Also make sure to cover your recommended daily dose of proteins, i.e. as an active athlete about 1.8 g protein per kg bodyweight. Pay attention to a food’s biological value. Depending on that value, only a portion of the consumed protein will actually ‘arrive’ in your body. You can increase the biological value by consuming certain combined foods, e.g. 1/3 parts of egg + 2/3 parts of potatoes. There are tables for this on the internet. At some point, you will notice how much faster your body regenerates if you fulfill your daily protein needs.

Stretch and do easy workouts when soreness is not extreme anymore. You can also check out this article from Freeletics. There are many others in the knowledgebase, too.

Best,
Christian

1 Like

Hi! I have a question, is 2 days sufficient to recover if you are training 5 days a week?

1 Like

Depends on your experience as an athlete. If you feel rested, then feel free to do it. But pay attention to keeping a good technique when being still sore.

As a beginner, you shouldn’t probably start with 5 days per week but focus on establishing a new training habit / routine with a small number of training days first. Stick to that routine for a journey or two, then slowly increase as time goes.

2 Likes

Thanks

You’re not the first person to suggest this to me :joy:

it depends on your muscle soreness - so active recovery like walking or swimming is always a nice thing to get the blood flowing - sauna for example also is a great way to help that. In general every body is different and I hope some of my suggestions help :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you start from 0 days it is a bit much but if you are used to it 5/2 should be good. Listen to your body start with 4/3 or even 3/4 and see how you body feels after a month or two and adapt.

1 Like