Coaching Sessions

Hi All.

I’ve started the Coach sessions and completed the 1st workout. (Really enjoyed it thanks :wink: but one question I have regarding the actual workout. It’s broken into Warmup, 3 intervals and Cool down which is great but as I’m doing each section it’s like I’ve finished a workout and have to then click on the next interval to continue…is that right? Just seemed a bit clunky? I would expect it to continue on with the next set of exercises?

Am I doing something wrong? I hope I explained it clearly enough!

No you aren’t doing anything wrong. This has always been my understanding of the format:

Each block of the daily session is intended to elicit a specific training affect. They are performed individually on purpose so that you can take a minute to recover in between the blocks if needed. In my experience, this has also been useful for water refills or bathroom breaks when needed.

Also, each block has the intro screen where you can review proper form, read the coach’s instructions and check the intended speed at which the intervals should be performed. By splitting them up, you have the ability to review this information before starting the next block.

All that being said, it would be really nice to have the option to go straight to the next block’s intro screen once completing the prior block, rather than having to go all the way back to the coach day view. Would love to see this little increase in UI efficiency in the app.

5 Likes

Thanks so much for taking the time to explain things! Really appreciated :grin: