Does Dumbbell journey include bodyweight exercices?

Hello

My question is Does Dumbbell journey include bodyweight in the same interval ?

The reason is practical, I do my workouts in a gym and there are separate areas for machines, weights, and bodyweight (used also by people doing yoga and such…) so a mix of dumbbell and bodyweight in the same interval would not be convenient for me.

Thanks in advance for your answers

Luc

1 Like

Hey Luc :wave:t2:

So, the answer to this is going to be yes, always. But to what degree will change somewhat, and what I do think is that it is probably still mostly manageable for you but you might think otherwise. Let me explain :point_down:t2:

The Warmup and Cooldowns will always include very typical Bodyweight WarmUp exercises such as Mountain Climbers, Star Jumps, High Knees etc.

Now in a session where you have only intervals of Dumbbells this might not be a problem. You could warm up in a suitable area of the gym, then move to the weights area to do your intervals, and back again to cool down.

Sometimes however the Coach will assign a separate Bodyweight only interval in the session, or a mixed interval (an example might be something like sets of Dumbbell Squats, followed by Squats), and that’s where things might get a bit more complicated for you. I still think it’s mostly doable, for example you could do the intervals out of the assigned order so that any bodyweight only interval is done immediately before the Cooldown.

If you really want to try training with Dumbbells, then I would give it a go-there’s a way to make anything work :muscle:t2:

:clapclapstatic:

1 Like

Thanks a lot ben

for example you could do the intervals out of the assigned order so that any bodyweight only interval is done immediately before the Cooldown.

This will work for me (and Warmup and cooldowns are not really a problem, I can do them in the bodyweight area)

1 Like