Dumbbell and Kettlebell Training Journeys

Hey Alexia :wave:t2:

Oh, that’s great to hear :muscle:t2:

I understand the frustration here but please don’t let this stop you from continuing this Journey! Although we do say that a bench is required here, you should really feel able to substitute a bench for something else. A bench would be our recommended piece of equipment, but you might be able to do these exercises using a stool, the floor, or something else. I use a wooden shoe storage bench that I got from Ikea, which I can also sit on whilst putting on or taking off shoes.

Whatever you decide to use to perform these exercises, just please make sure that whatever you use instead is stable and sturdy enough, supports you fully and that you are not at risk of any accident or harm. A glass coffee table for example is probably not the best choice of substitute.

Unfortunately, we can’t list every possible substitute for a bench, which is why the equipment says “Bench”. There is a really similar conversation on the Forum about the use of the equipment “Box” in some exercises, you don’t need a box for some exercises, a stool could well suffice.

:clapclapstatic:

1 Like