Dumbbells, Kettlebells and Bands in Training Journeys

You asked, we listened! :clapclapstatic:

We are really super excited to share that in the near future we will be launching the possibility of adding dumbbells, kettlebells, and resistance bands in almost all our Training Journeys :muscle:t2: We know that this is something that so many of you have been requesting and we’ve been working super hard on making this possible.

This will allow you to directly enable these equipment items in your Coach settings, and the Coach will include exercises using these equipment items in to your training pool.

As soon as I can share more news I will, but please feel free to throw any questions below and I’ll try to answer them :+1:t2:

16 Likes

Such great news!!!

2 Likes

really waited for that feature, thx for that

1 Like

Cool :+1:

1 Like

Oh, super excited for this! Would love to have more journey options that keep the weights once I’m done with the dumbbell journey!

1 Like

Been waiting for this…. Yay!!

1 Like

Way cool!

1 Like

:tada::tada::tada: It’s here! :tada::tada::tada:

Let us know your thoughts if you try integrating them in your Bodyweight Journey!

:clapclapstatic:

6 Likes

Awesome! I’ve been waiting for the Kettlebell workouts in my Coach sessions! Great job!

2 Likes

So f***ing exited! Will directly have some Band and KB exercises the next intervals :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Is it just for Beta User first?

Hey Mel :wave:t2:

No-it should be available to all users :+1:t2: There are a couple of caveats though-for example they can’t be selected in any Running or Weights Journeys, as well as Freeletics Hardcore.

1 Like

Welcome to the Forum! Let us know what you think of the change :muscle:t2:

Great! :blush:

Ir is not available for all god workouts?
And only it is for the coach and depending on the training journey selected?
I am now with Kettlebell journey and can’t select bands or jump rope for example for more variety.
Regards

@Xiropillo See Bens answer before :slight_smile:
As there are no God Workouts with weights (by now), this update will include KB, DB and Bands only in intervals so a coach subscription and a selected TJ are needed.

2 Likes

This is FANTASTIC News!!! Thank you, Freeletics!

1 Like

This is a great addition.

However, the actual weight to use is not included in this update It would be much improved if the app suggested the weight to use and asked about your form and weight at the completion of the interval like is done during the dumbbell journey.

Could this be added in future app updates?

2 Likes

Hey Mark :wave:t2:

Yeah, absolutely-this is the plan but I don’t think it will be something that happens quickly :+1:t2:

This is such a great feature, well done! I’m currently doing the Hybrid Strength Journey and enjoy the added equipment in my (otherwise purely) bodyweight intervals :slight_smile:

However, I’d like to give some feedback to this feature: It is possible to exclude certain exercises from your coach if you don’t like or can’t perform them. This prevents a certain number of intervals from appearing if they contain this exercise, right?

If I understand the new equipment feature correctly, bodyweight exercises are “replaced” by band/kettlebell/dumbbell variants. Would it be possible to add a feature where I could select a preferred replacement? If - for example - I exclude Full Hanging Leg Wipers, the feature could give me the option to select Windmills as a preferred alternative. This would in turn increase workout variety, since intervals including Full Hanging Leg Wipers would not have to be excluded anymore.