Exclude more body areas

Dear Team,

Sometimes I wish to exclude certain body areas that are not in the list of areas to exclude. Like eg the shoulders (or neck) after a Pegasos or the forearms. What about allowing the athletes to choose more granular which muscle group to exclude? I’d be a fan :wink:

By excluding back and/or triceps, you should receive your desired result. Just play with the options and see what the coach comes up with. :wink:

Too many options result in confusion for users.

Best,
Christian

Hmm… to be honest I find it more complicated and confusing having to pay around :wink:

How about displaying the screen below and letting the athletes choose there what muscle area to exclude? Would btw also find this intuitive in the filter function. No? :relaxed:

2 Likes

thats actually bothering me as well. when i have a sore butt and legs from doing too many squats and i don’t have any option to exlude big muscle parts like butt or shoulders and the coach insists on butt excersices, then i have to put the training to another day… which is a shame bc i could still do much with my arms and back.
i think that would be a great addition to add at least shoulders and butt.

Have you tried excluding upper and/or lower legs from your workout? It should have the same effect.

this workaround doesn’t always work, at least for me. It’d be much easier if it were possible to exclude them.

I’m sad this didn’t get more traction. I’m a month out from a broken hand and am now able to do quite a bit, and every workout have to adapt random muscle groups to get the combo that doesn’t put too much strain on my wrist. I’d love what was suggested earlier, Adapt > Exclude > Chose on the body map.

@Ben would be great having this on the development roadmap :wink:

Hey @jessecrayston , a big welcome to the Forum :wave:t2:

This feature is designed to exclude big muscle groups that maybe feeling tired after a workout or other activity. It’s really not designed to exclude very specific body parts/areas that are recovering from an injury.

We have to advise that you not use the app until you are fully recovered from your hand injury. The type of HIIT such as that assigned by the Coach is not suitable for those who are injured or in rehabilitation from an injury, and we also state in our terms that you need to be in a good general state of health to train with the app.

You can read about this a little bit more on our Help Center :point_down:t2: where you’ll also see a contact form should you need to contact the team if you are not able to train longer term.

:clapclapstatic:

Yeah that’s fair for liability or something, but I’m suggesting an option to just exclude arms/etc. basically, not specify an injury. Right now if I want to just work on core/legs as I mentioned earlier, it’s a matter of randomly selecting muscle groups and adapting.