Freeletics recording on Garmin watch?

Continuing the discussion from Say Hello and introduce yourself!:

Hey everyone!

I’ve been doing freeletics for about 3 weeks now. Pretty keen on tracking progress with Garmin watch too. I have been recording the sessions with the ‘cardio’ exercise option on the watch. Is this the best to use or would you recommend another option?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi, You can create Your own activities on a Garmin watch. So no problem to create an activity and call it „Freeletics“ and move it to the top of the stack.

That’s what I did :nerd_face:

1 Like

Thanks. What did you set the activity to record?

Phew. No idea really. Just as long as it says „Freeletics“ on top of my activities-stack I am more than happy :laughing::slightly_smiling_face:

I’m recording them as PILATES, my garmin and freelteics user friends told me, freelletics has PILATES moves which are faster, and it works seems, formerly I used an HIIT app from Garmin Connect IQ

I am new to Freeletics and I must say I am intrigued why there is no integration between Freeletics and any other sport activity tracking platform and/or hardware since most of the mainstream solutions do. Most astonishing is to see this topic is so old and yet no information if there is any plan on developing such an integration. Because Freeletics has no HR integration with any hardware and no integration at a software level with any other platform, is very hard to assess my progress from an HR and calories tracking point of view. An immediate mitigation plan could be to at least give guidance on how to record Freeletic sessions in any other platform. Should I track them as a cardio exercise? HIIT? Strength? Alternatively, Freeletics could allow Apple Health to write into it to at least be able to import HR to it.

2 Likes

I’m recording them as HIIT just to record HR/total time/calories.
I agree, too, that HR recording with external devices could be a nice integration but i guess it’s not something easy and many services could be seen as competitors too(fitbit/Apple have their own service for training and same goes for Garmin for example).