Herniated disc - Core exercises

Hey!

I have a herniated disc in my lower back and I have been recommended to not do situps or twisting motions.
A lot of the workout involve this type of movements. Im looking for advice on alternative exercises for my core. Any suggestions on what to do instead of situps/crunches?

Hello and welcome to our new Freeletics Forum!

First of all: Get well soon! We are sorry to hear that you suffer. I am sorry, but we cannot give you alternative training recommendations/ or exercises you can do instead. Why? Because the Freeletics Training Coach is a digital dynamic training plan which guides you on your Training Journey. Please note that therefore it is currently not possible to adjust your plan according to specific physical limitations, the Coach is a digital plan and so can not adjust to your own specific needs.

It would be best to consult your doctor or someone that can assess and give you more personalized advice in cases like yours. It is impossible for us to give you medical advice without knowing you, I hope you understand.

To also give you some hope: Maybe you did not know- but you now have the ability to exclude exercises from the pool of training exercises available to your Coach. You can do this for up to 10 different exercises. So if your doctor approves the training with Freeletics at some point again, you can exclude manually the exercises you should avoid.

Hope that helped!

#ClapClap from the Freeletics Support Team