Pregnancy & Postpartum Coach / Journey

Hi all

Sorry, it’s not a feature but I didn’t find any better category to post it, I hope it is ok to post it here?

I would LOVE a Coach for pregnancy & postpartum journey.
It is so important to stay active and to do specific exercises during these special times and I think Freeletics would be optimal since you can do it at home and squeeze it in while baby naps etc.

Adapted exercises; focus on pelvic floor & TVA etc… even many years postpartum one can profit from this work to prevent future problems (like prolapse) or pains (like backpains) and also just to prepare for birth and regain strength, mobility & functionality back after delivery.

any other Mamas here wishing for a Pregnancy & Postpartum Coach?

6 Likes

I definitly support that idea. My girlfriend also struggles to find good and guided workouts for this special time. Especially a postpartum would be great addition.

1 Like

Hi Olivia, even if you have not yet received a satisfactory answer, I want you to know that I find your opinion very accurate. I think Freeletics Coach should be with Freeathletes during special periods. Perhaps posting blog posts with tips would be enough.

1 Like

Hi @Olivia ,
thank you for the request! I am in the same situation: when I was pregnant, I avoided FL because of the HIIT workouts - and now, 6 months after giving birth I still cannot use Freeletics, because I suffered a 3rd grade perineal tear (which means that muscles have been injured). I would LOVE to be able to do the followings (if any of this is possible already please guide me to the correct settings!!):

• an option to avoid everything crunch-type movement for abdominal exercises (avoid abdominal pressure)

• LOW IMPACT, no jumping exercises at all (not even in the warming up section)- please please do this!!! It would be a game changer for so many folks out there!! This is the biggest missing option now - it would be good for lots of injuries, joint problems, pregnancy (combined with the previous suggestion), postpartum

• and maybe the option to avoid any front core exercises

• and I would definitely love to see a proper Postpartum Journey as Olivia mentioned: breathing, pelvis tilting, very easy beginner abdominal core exercises (like the dead bug but even easier)

So that is it: if I could choose the ‘no abdominal pressure’ and ‘low impact’ options I could use it to make my rehabilitation and regeneration so much easier. Now I’m bound to use my own exercise-list (which is repetitive and boring, not really a ‘progress-experience’). If these options were available it would take the brainwork out of my workouts and help me with my motivation!

I think that would be a great idea, but the low impact part you can do everytime by just putting the “train silent” mode on. That way there are no excersices with impact.
But still, Freeletics is made for healthy people in mind so I wouldn’t put too much hope into it :confused:

Hello everyone,

This topic comes up quite often, and it’s important to remember that the trainings provided by Freeletics are designed for people in good health and with no particular condition.

Training during pregnancy or the postpartum period is something very special that each woman approaches and experiences differently. The safety of both mother and baby is at stake. From our point of view, it’s only through personalized and individualized attention that we can provide you with a customized plan that will allow you to train in complete safety. Unfortunately, training through an app, no matter how good it is, does not provide this supervision, and that’s why Freeletics does not offer specific training for pregnant women, postpartum women, or even in case of injury.

We therefore advise you to consult your doctor for the most appropriate advice.
I hope this gives you a better understanding of why Freeletics has chosen not to offer this option.