Hybrid Running Training Journey - more versatility

Hello :slight_smile:

This is the first time I use this forum, so please bear with me, and if I do something wrong please let me know!

I have been trying different training journeys, but I’m still missing something in all of them, and I’ll try to explain why. It’s going to be a collection of a lot of points that I gathered along a few years, so please feel free to split them if they should go into different topics.

1. I like to run, so I like the hybrid training journey, but I find it limiting that it’s only aimed to weight loss. Ideally, it would be nice if we could pick and combine any two or three different training journeys (if we could have more than one training journey active at the same time). For example, I could pick a running TJ plus the Natural Tone TJ, and I would be able to do some days running and some days a strength training program, not just weight loss aimed training. If we can’t have more than one coach active at the same time, it would be nice if, in the HIIT & Running TJ settings, we could decide what would be the goal of our training, for example weight loss VS strength. So that we could get strength training instead of mainly endurance. And the same for the running, we could set if we want a balance between speed and endurance, or mainly speed, or mainly endurance. Or we could be able to setup a goal distance (see point n.2)

2. Running is also cool with a goal distance: it would be nice if we could start a running training journey with a goal distance in mind instead of just generic running. For example, having a TJ for a 5k, 10k, 21k, 42k, and so on.

3. In the HIIT & Running TJ, the adapt option for the running sessions in the “I don’t have time” tag offer only 15 minutes, which is very limited. It would be nice if at least it could offer 30 minutes and 45 minutes, like for the HIIT sessions. Or maybe a it would be even better to be able to set a distance limit for the running sessions, instead of a time limit, because for example I run quite slowly still, so if I set a time limit for my run, the coach should calculate how much distance I can cover in that time? Maybe a distance limit would be easier.

4. It’s nice that we can always adapt sessions saying “I can’t run today”, but we’re missing the opposite option: on an HIIT day, I can’t say “I’d like to run today”. I think it would be a very welcome addition.

5. Does the HIIT & Running TJ contain advanced exercises? It doesn’t say so in the description, and it’s a pity, cause if I want to choose a running TJ I’m missing on a lot of fun exercises that I could do. That’s also one of the reasons I was mentioning the Natural Tone TJ and having more than one coach active at the same time.

6. Would it be possible to set in the general settings for the whole TJ the maximum duration (in time and/or also in distance, for the running session) of each training session? Cause at the moment the “I don’t have time” option can only be set day by day, but I’ve often noticed that doing this creates sessions that are quite repetitive, cause it’s supposed to be a one-off, not a recurring thing. But I think it would help nowadays that many people only have 15, 20, or 30 minutes a day to train, to add an option to set that every session in the TJ is tailored for that amount of time. And for the running sessions, it could maybe be a distance limit, like mentioned before.

I know this is a long list, please let me know if I should present it in a different way.
It’s just a lot of observations born in a long time trying and failing. I hope there’s a chance some of it can be implemented and can help making this awesome app a little bit more awesome :smiley:

Thank you for everything!

4 Likes

As it gets warmer and spring comes by I often feel like running and the sprints in natural tone aren’t enough for me :sweat_smile:. The running gods feel a bit overwhelming though.
I really enjoy my strength based journey but I’d also like to have running days for endurance because my endurance is bad. So I second what is said here.

1 Like