Just joined, coach didn't do personal fitness test

Hi, I just joined and did my first workout this morning with the coach. When I registered and set up my profile it asked for the usual height, weight, DOB, etc. but didn’t do the personal fitness test to assess my ability…

Is there some way I can trigger this in the app? I feel like it’s important for the AI to gauge what I should and shouldn’t be doing…

Thanks,
John

Hey @jayrdi :wave:t2:

I’m not sure I completely know what you mean here when you say “personal fitness test” :see_no_evil:

The Coach won’t ask you for an assessment before every single Journey (well, actually, this depends on the Training Journey but it is true in most cases).

The most important thing to know here is that the Coach uses the feedback that you give after each workout to understand where you are fitness/strength wise, and adjusts your future training accordingly. You will often see this in action if you look ahead at your future training regularly. You will see the make up of your Coach sessions change quite often when you give feedback to the Coach that your workout was either too easy or too hard.

:clapclapstatic:

Hi @Ben,

Thanks for getting back to me. When I was looking into how it worked I saw somewhere about how when you sign up it gets you to do a few basic exercises to gauge your fitness levels. Maybe that was wrong though, or changed.

I’ve been using it for a couple of weeks now and realised that the Coach uses the feedback and times to tailor sessions, which is great.

Thanks for your help,

1 Like