Manually completing skill progressions

I’d love to be able to manually mark off skills that I know I can already do, so that it opens up more advanced exercises and workouts earlier in the journey.

For example, I know I can do 10 pull-ups in a row, but the coach puts me through the Strict Pull-ups skill progression anyway.

You could have a requirement next to the skill progression that needs to be met before you can check it off. For example, for Double Unders, it might say “You can mark this complete if you can do 50 Double Unders in a row”.

I think it would allow the more advanced users to jump in at their own level rather than having to go through basic exercises.

Thoughts?

That’s quiet easy: select the exercise via Sixpack Menu on Coach Screen and perform them, e.g. in case of Strict Pullups do ten of them and give correct feedback.
The number of repetitions varies a little, in case of Double Unders it’s 40 without a break to gain the skill.

1 Like

Awesome! Thank you for this trick!
I was wondering if manually completing single exercises would help with the skill progression completions.

Did this work for you? I tried it with two different skills (Kettlebell Sumo Deadlifts and Single Unders, each with 50 reps) and my skills progression didn‘t progress unfortunately.

Concerning Single Unders, there is no Skill Path. Do you meant Double Unders?
I’m not sure if it is possible to unlock a single step in a Skill Path. I just unlocked non equipped exercises like standups or knee jumps by directly selecting these exercises.

I don’t know about KB deadlifts but for myself single unders was ticked after doing 40 SU many times and then, when the coach told me to do 10 alternating legs with jump rope, having succeeded in those.

So maybe if you wanna do it manually you should do 2 or 3 times SU and then trying to do alternating. Maybe that will work