How to complete skill progressions

I am on the first week of a new journey. There a number of skill progressions for which I can already do the final skill (e.g. pushups) but I cant figure out how to have that reflected in the app.

I have done multiple “perfect form” sets of both Knee pushups and full pushups, but that hasn’t moved my milestone forward.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Hey Daniel :wave:t2:

Ok, so the first thing is that you should not really compare what exercises the Coach is giving you in other sessions compared to what you see in the actual Skill Progression.

What this means is that, although you may be assigned pushups in Coach workouts for example, you have not done demonstrated to the Coach frequently enough and to the degree necessary to more on to the next step in the app.

If you are a new user, in the first week of Training Journey, my advice here would be to be patient and to enjoy your regular training. The Coach will quickly move through your Skill Progressions as you go along :+1:t2:

:clapclapstatic:

2 Likes

Hi, is this still correct? Basically there is no way to tell when a skill progression will be „ticked off“? There are skills there that I have done a million times (as individual exercises, within a coach workout and as a single exercise given by the coach…) but according to skill progression tab I have not mastered it yet. It seems very arbitrary.

Hi @bb901234 , I believe that completing an exercise (that you have selected as a skill progression) multiple times from the single exercise section, would after a while unlock them.
From my understating there are different threshold for different exercise. For example pull-ups would be multiple sets of 10 perfect reps, double unders is something much higher like 40-60. And dumbbell snatch is like 30 rep.

I found that by selecting only 1 skill progression, the Coach assigns exercise much frequently and you progress much faster.