OPEN - ( Android only) Videos stutter in instruction view

**Before reporting a potential bug, please first try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. **

In order for our technical engineers to reproduce and understand your problem as quickly as possible, we usually need answers to the following questions :point_down:t2:

-Description of every single step you made until you encountered this error-what did you do, what happened?
:point_right:t2: On the coach tab, click onto one of the training sections. Click on one of the instruction videos. The video playback is not fluent. The video playback stutters. The video playback is normal when executing an excercise session. When you go to the instruction page from there, it stutters again.

-What is the brand and model of your mobile device? (for example iPhone 13 / Galaxy S21)
:point_right:t2: Nokia 7.2

-Which operation system is your device using? (for example iOS 13 / Android 11)
:point_right:t2: Android 11

-Which version of the Freeletics app are you using? (for example 6.37)
:point_right:t2: 22.49.0

-Which language is your app set to?
:point_right:t2: English

-Which timezone/state/country are you in?
:point_right:t2: Germany, UTC +1

-What date and time did this problem occur?
:point_right:t2: I discovered it firt about a month ago.

-Which browser you are using (if experiencing a bug on our website)?
:point_right:t2:

Please also attach screenshots or a screen recording showing step by step how you encounter this problem :point_down:t2: I wanted to upload a video, but this forum lets me upload photos only.

Be aware that it can take some time to reproduce and fix certain bugs, and so we do not normally give in-depth updates when resolving reported problems.

:clapclapstatic:

I have just received an update to version 22.50.0, but the problem still persists.

The problem does not occur on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e. It has Android 11, too, but Kernel version 4.9.227 while the Nokia has the Kernel version 4.4.205 perf+.

Hey Adrian,

Can you upload a screen recording to Google Drive or something similar and share here? I don’t think we have had any other reports of a similar problem but I’ll take another look.

Hello Ben,

I have created a video which demonstrates the problem. You can access the file via the following link: screen-20221227-211148.mp4 - Google Drive

Hi @Ben,

I’ve just experienced the exact same issue as described by @Adrian1 on an older Motorola Moto G7 Play on Android 10 on which I installed Freeletics for the first time (version 22.51.0). Instruction videos do stutter whereas videos played during a session won’t. Instruction videos won’t stutter when played at 0,5x speed.

I am now on Version 22.52.00. The problem still persists. Are there any news from the developers?

Hey Adrian, yes we are aware :+1:t2: I’m sorry it continues to be an inconvenience. Just please be aware that we have to prioritise certain work which is why we say the below :point_down:t2:

Hopefully we can start to look at this shortly, we have had other reports regarding it as well so we are aware that something seems to not be working as well as expected.

Hi @Ben , At first I thought the latest update to 23.7.0 would have fixed the stuttering problem with tutorial videos as well, because tutorial videos now play instantly without stuttering.
In reality, however, it got even worse. Now when I exit the video and go to another video or even the same video, the video only plays a second time without any issues. After that, when I try to play a video again, I only ever get an error code: E-A-VP100. The only way to overcome the problem is to wipe the app from memory. After that it again plays videos twice before the error comes again. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app with no success.
On my primary phone, on which I never had problems with video playback before, I can now also play videos only twice, but instead of getting an error message, the next video then starts to stutter.

I can confirm this behaviour occurs on my Nokia 7.2, too. I can play a video only twice a time. Either the same video or two different videos and from that time on I get this error code.