Personal Best issues

(Technical questions listed below)

I’m having an issue with PBs. I took a long break from Freeletics to recover from a surgery. It was kind of a bummer because I was doing really well for the first time in my life, so I give Freeletics that credit.

However, I have noticed with my return that I am getting a lot more PBs than I did before surgery.

For Example, this week:

Today, Tuesday: PB 2/3 Rhea

Weds: Conditioning

Thurs: PB 2/3 Rhea

Fri: PB 2/3 Rhea

Sat: PB 2/5 Athena

Sun: PB 2/3 Rhea

Adapt session usually just gives me another PB or no change at all. I was able to change today’s workout by selecting easier workout from adapt session. I don’t want to have to do this every time. 5 PBs, 4 of them in a row, seems too much. Furthermore, what kind of PB advancement is expected from doing the same PB back to back? I already went along with that once and I only beat it by a second.

Is this a bug? I debated on starting my journey over but I’m 62% through it. I’m assuming it’s using the data from workouts pre-surgery. Could that be why I am getting more PBs, because it assumes I’ve been consistently working out and need to be pushed?

Is there a setting I am missing? I already tried uninstalling/reinstalling.

**Before reporting a potential bug, please first try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. **
Did that, no change.

In order for our technical engineers to reproduce and understand your problem as quickly as possible, we usually need answers to the following questions :point_down:t2:

-Description of every single step you made until you encountered this error-what did you do, what happened?
When confronted with a PB I want to skip/reschedule, I select “Adapt Session.” The four options come up. “I want a new session” rarely changes the workout, sometimes only offering an alternate PB.

-What is the brand and model of your mobile device? (for example iPhone 13 / Galaxy S21)
iPhone 15

-Which operation system is your device using? (for example iOS 13 / Android 11)
iOS 17.3

-Which version of the Freeletics app are you using? (for example 6.37)

-Which language is your app set to?
English

-Which timezone/state/country are you in?
Pacific Standard Time, California , US

-What date and time did this problem occur?
More than once but most recently today, Jan 23, 2024.

-Which browser you are using (if experiencing a bug on our website)?
N/A

Please also attach screenshots or a screen recording showing step by step how you encounter this problem : N/A

Be aware that it can take some time to reproduce and fix certain bugs, and so we do not normally give in-depth updates when resolving reported problems.

:clapclapstatic:

Which journey did you select with how many training days a week? Each journey has its selection of workouts.
That you always get the same two workouts could be related to other restrictions you made like “have to train quiet” or excluding exercises/body parts.
Changing the number of coach days could help to change the amount of “Beat your PB” days.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply. I’m on the 15 minute fitness journey, using body weight and bands. Due to apartment living there are quite a few exercises I have excluded. Messing with the scheduled days changes a couple of the PBs. I still have 2/3 Rhea back to back coming up. ON the day, I may just change difficulty in adapt session since that seemed to work last time.

Thanks for the input!

Hey @shugmonkey :wave:t2:

There is an explanation for this behaviour in the app. If you have enabled a lot of restrictions in your Coach settings, particularly on a Training Journey such as 15 Minute Fitness, the exercise pool available to the Coach gets very limited with regards to the exercises. This can result in certain workouts appearing much more often than they otherwise would.

We do recommend not using so many restrictions, excluding as few exercises as possible and including as much equipment as you have access to in order to allow the Coach to provide you with the most varied training possible.

:clapclapstatic: