Small button to close workout

Since some hours/days, the button to close the workout in the end is shown instead just tapping on the screen… this is annoying, cause when I do the last set and last exercises with the rest of my energy, I fail to pick uf the phone and try to find and touch the button very fast… (also without my glasses) … this results in lost seconds near my PB… :roll_eyes:
Please go back to screen-tapping…

Issue on Pixel 2 XL and Version 22.32.0

18 Likes

I’m having the same issues to hit that button, being on Android 13, Pixel 5 and App Version 22.32.0 (user ID 1235472).

4 Likes

For a moment or two I thought that the app has crashed, but then in all that exhaustion I had to find out what the actual matter was.
This is one of those typical cases where even though there is no real need of it, at all, yet the changes are made just for the sake of it.

5 Likes

@Ben How long do I have to fret about this until the problem is understood and the UX Researcher (who I’m sure only meant well) recognizes the problem?

1 Like

Same problem here.
It seems like a wanted updated and let me say this is horrible in terms of usability of the app.

6 Likes

Hello everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback here.

Since this is not a bug, I have forwarded it to our Product Team.

Best :wink:

3 Likes

Same here. It’s super annoying. I’ll ask that UX designer for performing 3xTantalus or 2xMedusa and then touching this button he designed.

It’s ok if you need the button for new users, but leave an option of swipe for pro users who have been using the app for 5 years, and even small changes can decrease their workout experience.

6 Likes

I would agree with the other comments that this isn’t user friendly to finish a workout. However, I also had issues with this new feature that the “Finish” button on my Apple Watch does not work to actually finish the workout. I tried hitting the finish button several times on my watch just to make sure I actually hit the button and it did not work.

1 Like

Going forward with a workout includes switching to the next exercise and finishing it. Why would I need two different actions within a workout? Go forward, end it … all the same.
So please, graping the phone is hard enough after an exhausting workout, hiting that small button is nearly impossible.

4 Likes

Ouh… there is a very big and unproductive discussion about the rejection of the apple watch features… :joy:

Quite agree. Being on Android 13 I have tried to press the Finish button at the end of a hard workout and instead hit the phone Home button taking me out of the Freeletics app. The resulting faff to reopen Freeletics and press the Finish button looses several seconds. Sorry, but not a great update as the Finish button, located bottom middle of the screen, is too close to other phone functions

4 Likes

Same with me, i liked it better when touching the screen to finish workouts… i don t mind losing seconds, but from a UX point of view, it is easier and faster, more intuitive to just touch the screen.

4 Likes

Couldn’t agree more, why would they go backwards by introducing a button, I don’t know if they have just done it to see how badly it will be received or if they actually thought it was a good idea?! If it isn’t broken, please don’t fix it :joy:

2 Likes

@admins As part of a forum-best practice, a developer would have to get in touch, write a time until when the problem will be solved and close the topic. Somehow I have the feeling that nobody listens to us users… please get in touch, the button problem really sucks!

3 Likes

I’m sure there will be no move back.

I agree with all of the above reasons! I like the new update, but this button wasn’t the best idea :crazy_face:
I hope wiping and tapping on the screen will be possible again to finish a workout!

2 Likes

Hey everyone :wave:t2:

Thanks for all the comments and feedback :+1:t2:

So, I will try and share some of our thoughts here :point_down:t2: but essentially it helps us to solve a few problems to the post-work flow, where we are trying to reduce the number of unnecessary screens and “taps” that one has to make.

So for any non-time sensitive workout eg a skill or interval, taking the time to click on a “Finish” button shouldn’t be a problem.

It starts to become a bit more debatable when we come to more time-sensitive workouts like Gods/Finishers, but we do think that the time taken to tap on the button is not hugely significant for most people, also bearing in mind that those of us very used to the previous method will get used to this change.

We do still believe that the benefits of this, do outweigh the downsides as it allows us to remove yet another post-workout screen - but we will keep an eye on it.

Also, just a note that if the last exercise of a workout is time-based, the workout is saved upon completion, so there’s no need for any taps here. Only the Congrats/Resume screen has been removed.

Just a note that I’m going to move this to “Feedback” as it’s not a bug but rather a deliberate change that we have made here.

Also, a final note that I appreciate everyone’s open feedback-and we do both value and discuss this in the team.

:clapclapstatic:

1 Like

Hi @Ben,

Thank you very much for understanding, explaining and forwarding to the team. :clapclapstatic:

But (There is always one, isn’t it? :smile:) … If I understand correctly, your reasoning to use a finish workout button is to remove the “Congrats/Resume” post workout screen that allows you to go back to the last exercise?
So your argument is that it is easier to unintentionally close the workout with a screen touch / swipe instead of a dedicated close button? :thinking:

Well, I personally never ever used this feature. To me it doesn’t make sense to be able to go back to the last exercise, but not the one before and not the one before that. Why is your argument not valid to all interval and god workouts when switching to the next exercise? Maybe I did that unintentionally too!?

So let’s compromise: You remove the post workout screen, but allow us to finish the workout with screen touch / swipe …

Pretty please with sugar on top :muscle:
Thanks & Regards
Freddy

3 Likes

I always appreciate further developments. And freeletics has now become an incredibly comprehensive training tool.
My full respekt to the team and the developers.
But what i also appreciate is a degree of consistency.
It is difficult to constantly adapt to new views, features and so on. Especially if you don’t know about this beforehand.
I think it would be an idea to release only one update per year.
To inform the users in advance about this and to test this update beforehand with many long-term users.
I would like to make myself available to this.

Best Regards

Thanks for your explanation! Basically I understand the approach to eliminate the next screen. But I also don’t mind doing a swipe without the UI moving… so it would be really awesome if you could bring the swipe back. I’m a software engineer myself and I know from my own experience that exactly these little things against usual routine bring a lot of displeasure to the user (see all the posts above…). With every new fancy update (like the background color at the moment) I get annoyed that the focus is not on what is essential for the user.

3 Likes