Update to the app training flow (A/B test Android only)

Do I understand correctly that you have now completely removed the feature? This is quite tedious, because now the button to adjust the day is constantly pressed when you want to start the next Workout block…

Hey Josh, this sounds like a bug to be honest. I have tried to replicate it but I’m not able to.

Can you upload a screen recording and share a link to download?

:clapclapstatic:

Hey @here :wave:t2:

We stopped the test as performance was pretty mixed. We would love some input from you if you were involved, or indeed if you have any feedback on the current Training flow.

Answers to the below questions will help us to further work on this change :point_down:t2:

1. Which training flow did you prefer?

2. What did you like about the test version?

3. What did you not like about the test version?

4. No matter if you were in the test group or not, In an ideal world what would your training flow “look like”? For example would you want control over each individual part of your Coach session (like in the current version) or a more seamless, automatic, training flow like that in the test?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like
  1. Definitely the new one, by a huge amount. The old one is sooooo annoying.
  2. That the flow needed a lot less touches. I would open the session, take a quick look what is planned today, click on start and am being walked through the training without any extra scrolling, touching, etc…
  3. Nothing tbh, it was perfect for me. In the beginning there were a few things that were not good, like the user couldn’t watch a video of an exercise before starting the workout, but that was fixed already.
  4. Definitely the test one. I don’t remember me adopting a session in the last 6 months, in 99% of the cases I just follow the workout as suggested by the virtual coach. All I need is a start, next, next, finish flow. And occasionally I remove an intervall/exercise from a session because I’m running out of time or so.
2 Likes
  1. definitely the new flow!

2. everything seemed tidier:

• The warmup was collapsed at the beginning, great!
  • The start button and the button for switching to the next exercise was ingenious.
  • The ending of the workout/interval by tab (without button) is also perfect!
  1. I found everything better, except for the fact that I do not quite understand from a programming point of view, why a jump back after accidentally completing the workout should not be possible …
  1. before I start, I look over the blocks and change the coach day in rare cases (e.g. too little time). After that I work my way through anyway, so the flow is quite handy…
1 Like

Hey Josh, this sounds like a bug to be honest. I have tried to replicate it but I’m not able to.

Its not a bug… I just saw the Topic is already discussed here, so please ignore my comment… :see_no_evil:

1. New flow FTW!
  2. These and more:
  • Simpler flow as fewer clicks are needed to get to the next section
  • Get an overview of what exercises are included in the day’s session
  1. Nothing, it was great.
  2. More flow like without needing to click forward.
  1. I much prefered the new flow, after my points of criticism were taken care of.
  2. the better flow, it was tidier and just overall looked better.
  3. I feel like the worked body parts were a little bit inacurate. like it took the warm up and cool down too much into account, when the real interval or gods had another focus.
  4. it would look pretty much like the new flow, like start and adapt button together. But also, that after going back from say the warmup, you don’t end up at the very top of the screen again. But for the whole app, not just the training part.
1 Like
  1. The new one

2. Having the full workout available right away instead of having to Waste time navigating

3. Nothing

4. Honestly, the new workout flow was basically perfect

1 Like
  1. The previous one.

2. Too much information in one place. Not possible to start one workout after clicking on workout name instead had to use skip menu multiple times.

3. I like to be able to start any workout sections in any order. Additionally I would like to be able to personalize the day by including extra exercices and workouts to the day.

1. Old version

2. On a simple day, it was nice to see an overview of an interval, but most days had so many exercises that the new view was of no help and the shortcomings of the test version (see pt 3!) made navigating an overall session very annoying. The next exercise loading automatically rather than having to click on it is such a minor change and saves such an insignificant amount of time/clicks, it is not much to get excited about!

3. Flow view very annoying if given multiple exercises because, E.g snatch L, snatch R, clean L, clean R, sit-ups, interval, burpees:

• I want to do the burpees first but can’t postpone more than one exercise in a row

• Or, I have done the snatches and cleans but can’t remember what is in the interval, have to exit the session to view, then continue

• Or, I decide to postpone the sit-ups and leave the session to check what is after the interval, go back in and have to postpone the sit-ups again

1. Overall, I am not bothered about the view, the crucial thing for me is flexibility on any given day’s workout. Automatic and seamless training flow was only beneficial for simple sessions with only 1 or 2 simple components. I have no problem with the old view
1 Like
  1. Irgendwas dazwischen.
  2. Dass man Teile des Programms entfernen konnte (auch wenn das nicht besonders intuitiv ging). Im regulären Flow musste ich immer unten auf ,Workout beenden" drücken. Das fühlt sich immer blöd an, auch wenn es das gleiche ist.
  3. Dass nicht intuitiv sichtbar war, wieviele Wiederholungen anstehen (bei mehreren Runden eines Intervalls beispielsweise)
  4. Defintiv Verbesserungen an der Logik! Wenn ich das Cooldown beende, werde ich gefragt, ob ich mein Training wirklich abbrechen möchte? Wenn ich aus Versehen ein Intervall beende, kann ich nicht mehr zurück? Und weiteres gemäß meinen anderen Posts. Der Session anpassen Button ist mir persönlich zu präsent. Mir fehlt außerdem die Erklärungen bzw. Grafiken, für welche Muskelpartien eine Übung gedacht ist. Außerdem wäre cool zu erfahren, welche sportliche Logik hinter dem Coach-Tag steht (oder ist jeder Tag Full-Body z. B. bei Hybrid Strength?) Das Auf- und Zuklappen der einzelnen Parts mittels der kleinen Pfeile rechts fühlt sich nicht gut an, die schweben so im Raum und wären vielleicht direkt neben den Titeln (Warmup usw.) besser platziert. Im Forum wurde mal detalliert erklärt, was die Feedbackoptionen konkret bedeuten. Der halbe Satz im Feedback-Dialog ist sehr dünn.

PS: Das Forum-Design ist eine absolute Katastrophe - siehe meinen Thread dazu…

Hi,

I loved the new layout and miss it now. It was easy to understand what was involved in today’s workout. I very very much prefer the open overview to the boxed intervals. Before I exercise, I check what the AI has put together for me one way or the other. I loved not needing to open each interval box separately to know what my exercise program was on the day.

Please bring it back! Pretty please!

1 - NEW flow was better
2 - overview; flow while in coach program
3 - no ability to expan main training interval (only warmup & cool down); finish workout button (but that was removed eventually)
4 - seamless, automatic flow → I buy the coaching program so I don’t have to think and can make some fine tuning (exclude areas, no equipment, little time…); if I was into creating own sessions => create own workout is now possible (maybe add option to take a coach template and adjust all elements)

I did >1,900 workouts with Freeletics over the years. I love the set coaching journeys. The update was the best you did in a long time.

What I notice in this forum: There seems to be a lack of how-to videos. ‘Hidden’ features and tricks using Freeletics etc. (or maybe you don’t promote it, since I haven’t seen a single how-to journey or video referenced in the app). E.g. I imagine @melaLetics could tell us a thing or two :hugs::muscle:

PS: Do you want to send a survey link so it’s easier for you to analyse/quantify responses? :wink:
And weight that by number of workouts done of each responder in the past 2-3 years (for current relevance) :sweat_smile::muscle:

PPS: Maybe let people choose whether they want to join a beta tester program for an app. Approach specific user segments that you want to grow actively. (Another app I pay for did this and I opted in to test their latest developments)

1 Like

We’re just looking to gather some qualitative input at the moment here-we are doing some other randomised surveys :+1:t2:

We do have a Beta program-iOS is currently closed, but Android is open again :point_down:t2:

New flow wasn’t ideal, but so much better than the old(current) one:

• No random photo on every page. Why it’s even here, it prevents me from doing my workouts and if I want to see some photos of half-naked oiled men, I will probably look in another resource. New flow still shows the photo, but only when workout is done and I don’t need the app anymore that day.
  • Switch between steps. New flow is perfect - completed one step, go directly to the next. Old one - ‘go enjoy our photo model, why you want next workout step?’ Arghhh.
  • ‘Adapt session’ button. It’s the same color as active workout step and overlaps it. It’s still there in new flow and still bad color decision, but at least you can start workout without scrolling.