Your top tips for people new to training

Hey everyone :wave:t2:

We’re looking to collect some tips for Athletes new to training and would love to hear your thoughts! We might even ask you for permission to share these tips in a future blog post :muscle:t2:

If you were talking to someone starting out on a fitness program for the very first time, what baby steps would you share with them, in order to help them get started, in one of these areas below:

1. Preparing oneself mentally
  2. Physical tips
  3. Social support
  4. Anything related to diet/nutrition

I’m looking forward to seeing what top tips you have for those just starting out!

:clapclapstatic:

1 Like
  • Never compare yourself with anyone else

• focus on technique, forget time

• create your better self is a marathon not a sprint

• do not overestimate, take rest days

• do not fear workouts or exercises you can’t do. It is absolutely ok to scale down and celebrate the star when mastering it.

3 Likes

Here are some tips I often share with people!

1. Preparing oneself mentally

Set realistic and achievable goals - you’re not going to get that 6 pack you want in 2 weeks!

1. Physical tips

Don’t rush your training - enjoy it!

1. Social support

Speak with friends also training - they can offer you support and encouragement when the going gets tough (which it will!).

1. Anything related to diet/nutrition

I moved to a Vegan diet and when doing it, it really helped me to plan out my meals a few weeks in advance so I knew exactly what I was eating. Normally I’m rushing around buying ingredients last minute, but planning my new meals in advance ensured I had everything I needed, when I needed it.

1 Like

Great initiative!

I usually tell them, first of all, congrats on starting your fitness journey!

• Technique is the most important thing, don’t be afraid to scale down and you will build strength over time. Go slow and focus on body-mind connection.
  • Trust the process, it is normal not to see results after the first few weeks.
  • if a workout seems too hard, just do what you can and you will be surprised by what you can achieve.
  • If you lack motivation, start warming up and motivation will come, movement induces movement
1 Like