Do we really need to rest?

Hello everybody!

So today I did Poseidon. It was very hard, but for the first time since I started Freeletics (6-7 weeks) I feel really tired…
At last, the coach give me some pull-ups and some push-ups to do. I did pull-ups tuesday, push-ups and pull-ups today and push-ups and pull-ups tomorrow…
Well, no rest? I will work my chest and back 3 days without any resting day??? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

The more I use this app, the more I feel like I am doing completely the opposit of what I learned before about training…

1 Like

If you feel tired why don’t you rest? Literally the worst thing that can happen is your training gets pushed back a day or two and depending on your settings you might break a training streak. This is one of the main faults I see with apps like Freeletics, people stop using their own initiative and listening to their body. It’s like with the hell weeks-if one feels tired during the week, just take a day or two off to give your body the chance to rest.

1 Like

Because I shouldn’t feel tired… Have you never heard to not train a muscle group everyday?
Today it was a good training with pullups, but at the end, I saw the coach has changed my next training day, and guess what, again he give me pullups to work.
I really don’t understand how this app work.

This week I will have worked pullups 4 days on 5… And 4 days on 5, he asked me to do 8 pullups for the technique progression, and 4 days on 5 I said I couldn’t do it (well the fourth time it will be tomorrow)… What I must do so the coach understand I need to train more before I can make 8 pullups ? And the worst, I will have to do 4x8 pullups in the interval…
I can’t make 8 pullups in a raw, I have to take some rest. I don’t say I cant make it at all in the feedback because I am afraid after I will not have pullups anymore in my training…

I really start to think this app is a joke… Or the people who made it doesn’t know anything about sport, or they are not able to make a good AI…

I’m a bit suspicious how AI trains itself in general. There are a lot of people that are giving their best but may not be doing best technique because they are new to the sport, others may be cheating or slacking off a bit because half rep is also kind of “at least I tried my best” so why not counting it. I’m afraid that all these personal perceptions gets counted in how coach sees human progress and adjusts the workouts getting further and further from reality.
It really annoys me to give feedback on workout when coach gives me 20 situps and 10 pullups for 4 rounds and in the end asks how was it :slightly_smiling_face: well, it’s a breeze when I’m doing situps, and it’s a hell when I’m doing pullups, but I can only choose one or the other as a response. No matter how you answer there is no way for the coach to know that he needs to increase situps to 40 and decrease pullups to 6… Unless its goal is to put everyone into some standard box, like “everyone at this level should be able to do 20 situps, 5 pullups and 15 pushups” and coach will push these numbers until you are able to do them all, which could explain why it suggests you should be able to do 4x8 pullups, maybe other exercises you do are on a higher level already? and maybe that is why it gives you same thing 5 days a week so you can catch on :smile: mystery solved…

Yes, maybe it’s like that the AI works… But it is not a good way to train…

I had aboslutly the same experience, when I first switched to the App from the original PDF.

For me the App was giving just burpees.

I was in the great shape, because I just finished 15 weeks plan that was listed in the Original PDF, so I could finish the workouts pretty quickly.

And the App was giving me additional burpees. And more burpees. And more.

I got demotivated pretty quick. Which never happened, when I used original Freeletics PDF guide.

I’m still paying for the app subscription, but only use it to log my sessions. And just use PDF guide for my training.

The program there is well balanced. It takes into account the tiredness you get after intensive workouts, it is great in spreading the workouts thoughout the week. You could really see that the program was created by a Professor that teaches and studies sports at the University.