Feedback on Workout Adaptation in the Freeletics App

Dear Freeletics Team,

I am experiencing issues with the workout adaptation feature in the app. Specifically, I have had three consecutive days of lower body strength training, which can lead to overtraining and insufficient recovery. The app does not seem to adjust my sessions based on recent workouts, which is crucial for balanced training.

Additionally, when I exclude a muscle group, the app defaults to bodyweight exercises, which might not align with my goals.

Suggestions:

1. Improve the algorithm to prevent consecutive training of the same muscle group.
  2. Allow more customization without defaulting to bodyweight exercises.
  3. Provide better recovery recommendations.

Thank you for your attention to these matters.

Best regards,

3 Likes

The adapt is very annoying, some days I had to fake a workout session to have a new one.

:+1:

No more later than this week: two consecutive days of lower body strength training (with very small variation such as back squat day 1, front squat day 2, deadlift day 1, romanian deadlift day 2…). My legs hurt !

A workaround is to exclude a part of the body to generate a new training…

When I exclude a body part and create a new session, it defaults to calisthenics. If I request a new weight session, nothing happens. I’m sure it used to work when I was a member a few years ago. Returning to the subscription now feels like a downgrade.

I guess you have a weighted journey? This is done to give you a lighter session to give the muscles time to heal

No its not giving me a lighter version, it gives me a bodyweight workout instead of just an other body part weight training

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Yes, it’s giving you a lighter body weight session.

But that is not wat people want, if I had a cycling day or running day before it will changing the whole workouts of the week

I’d prefer it differently as well. But just that it gets brought up often shows them, that it’s something that bothers people and the chance it gets changed is higher :slight_smile: