Freeletics Gym features back

Hi @scrambleded, I am not aware of anything in particular, but Freeletics said they were working on getting ride of each TJ’s restriction to enable for more personalisation. e.g. not being able to train with Barbells and Dumbbells only.
In the recent 10 year anniversary video by the CEO of Freeletics, he said they were working on improving the strength training experience, so maybe more to come on this side?
I surely hope so!

We saw a lot of barbell exercises introduced in the pool of exercises when creating a custom workout, I hope they will be integrated into the Coach soon as well.

3 Likes

This would be amazing. You have to think so, it’s the obvious step. A long time coming. I keep reverting to bodyweight mostly and it’s mainly because

1. the bodyweight journeys dominate
  2. freeletics has the most creativity when it comes to bodyweight or calisthenics
  3. the weight training lacks the variety and ideas.

I had the most training progress away from freeletics, when combining weights and functional bodyweight style training with a PT. E.G. Bar presses on a balance ball or with legs off the bench in a semi leg raise, or even just using more of the machines like the cable weight machines which can be great for functional work

Here’s to hoping for more. Thanks for sharing what you know

Saul

1 Like

Hey @scrambleded , thanks for your reply.
Have you tried the Hybrid Strength journey? it seems like it could be a good fit for you. I must have done it at least 4 times and it is my favourite Journey.
It is a mixture of Barbell strength days, HIIT God workout day, Hybrid functional days.
Here is an example set to 4 days per week:

• Monday: Heavy upper body
  • Tuesday: God workout
  • Thursday: Heavy lower body
  • Friday: bodyweight days (+ any other equipment you have set as available)

Also if you tell the Coach you have bands available, you can just replace these exercises with a cable machine if you have one. I found it super effective.

I keep coming back to it uses all the FL tools!

Let me know your thoughts!

:clapclapstatic:

1 Like