Freeletics Gym features back

Hi, I started going to the gym with Freeletics Gym when it came out in 2016 (I believe). The app is not available anymore but I loved the Nordic Gods, the rower integration and the overall structure of the workouts.
Are you planning on putting them back into the core app? And if so any timeline? :smile:
Thanks legends!

2 Likes

Hi @TomG,

We do plan to include Rowing back in to the app in the future, unfortunately I don’t think it’s something that will happen soon as I don’t have a timeline to share at the moment.

Have you tried one of the Weights Journeys in the Training app? If so what did you think about it and how it compared to the training in the Gym app?

Also, just a quick tip-although Gym is not available in either of the App Stores, you should still be able to download this from your “Purchase history” in the respective app store. Of course you’ll only be able to do this if you are still using the app store that you originally downloaded it from, and haven’t “defected” to the other one. And it’s also worth remembering that it is not really supported any longer-so there are no longer updates released for the app.

:clapclapstatic:

4 Likes

Hi @Ben , thanks for the reply!

And thanks for the tip, I actually had reloaded the same way you suggested. I only found that the Gym app lack of tailoring when it comes to the warmup and cool down.

Great to hear that you are considering putting back the rowing workouts!

Yes I have tried the Barbell Gain journey and currently on the Hybrid Strength. I really love both. However, I feel like the Barbell Gain is purely design for muscle growth as it definitely lacks of cardio training. And while I really like the Hybrid one, and it will most likely be my recurring journey, I feel like only one day of pure cardio with a god workout is a bit light on the cardio side. The rower was a great way to get I to shape and improve cardiovascular health and fitness. Plus, the IWT, Interval Weighted Training, of the Nordic Gods was a perfect to cut fat, improve fitness and great HIIT workouts at the end of a session, while still improving strength.

The weight session are definitely quicker in the core app which is great. The 4-5 min set in the Gym one were a bit long. However I liked the superset as you can get more work done in, almost, the same time. Also it was perfect for working opposite muscle groups, as it was designed in the Gym app.

I hope that helps! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Gym App would be awesome. I love to have this virtual trainer for exercises with equipment and an app that takes care of my workout plan with doing records and analyzing my performance with algorithms. But still it is very limited. If functionality would be extended to gym level that would be awesome and I guess there is a huge market. Everybody would love to have a personal trainer but the minority can’t afford one. With freeletics gym you would cover this market. Do some buzz marketing and then it should pay out

@TomG @Ben Hi, it’s great to hear your suggestions here, barbell can also be added to the equipment workouts list. And many of the workouts we know in the gym app can be included.

1 Like

@erkanissi yeah! I would love to see those barbell conditioning workouts back! That would be great to add some diversity into the barbell journeys.

1 Like