How to tell the app I can't complete a workout?

I’m using Freeletics for the first time just now, I’m in the middle of the first “Start Strong” session and I realized it’s way too hard. I’ve been at it for an hour instead of 30 minutes with understanding the exercises and doing them. I completed the first 2 workouts Dynamic Warmup and Progression to Burpee Box Jumps, but now I just did the first of five rounds of the main Interval workout and couldn’t even do all the repetitions and I can’t complete the workout. What should I do? Cancel the workout altogether and finish the session? Pretend-finish the workout and give feedback that I couldn’t do everything if I’m asked?

Hey Sigtale, a big welcome to Freeletics :wave:t2:

This is the thing to do :point_up:t2: Make sure you give the correct feedback, so you indicate you could not do all the assigned reps (I would suggest the most negative feedback on each of the questions :+1:t2: )

:clapclapstatic:

3 Likes

Also worth taking a look at the workouts before your next session, and if you think it looks a bit tough, use the “Adapt session” button to make your session a bit easier.

It can take a couple of sessions for the Coach to get a good idea of where your fitness/strength level is, and the feedback you give here is crucial to help the Coach do this.

And we all find it tough at times, so you are in good company :sweat_smile:

:clapclapstatic:

3 Likes

Thank you for such a quick and kind answer :yellow_heart: I’ll try to anticipate next time.

1 Like