Replace single workout

Would be amazing if we could replace an exercise with another one into our training journey :muscle: :raised_hands: :grinning:

1 Like

Hi @assohome,

welcome to the forum!

Could you please explain that in more detail? Why would you generally replace one exercise with another? What would be the reason to replace … let’s say pushups with … squats?

If there’s a specific exercise that you can’t do for some reason, you can disable it. The coach will no longer assign it to you, but you will still be given exercises to train all muscles and body parts.
You can even exclude muscle groups for your coach tag, which makes perfect sense if, for example, you did something the coach doesn’t know about.

But generally for the journey? :thinking:
Freddy

1 Like

Okay i was meaning that, while I’m into my journey made by the coach I wish to replace a single exercise instad to ask for a new or different full workout.

For example If my journey includes push up i wish to have the chance to replace it with an exercise that can train same muscle group but with other variant.

Push up i could swap with bench press…

Squat with leg press…

I hope it’s clear enough cause my english is pretty horrible :confused:

1 Like

Ok, thanks for the explanation. I personally don’t think this will come anytime soon, but one never knows :man_shrugging:

Freeletics offers bodyweight journeys that only include bodyweight exercises. It wouldn’t make sense in those, to replace a bodyweight exercise with a dumbbell/barbell/machine exercise, would it?
And then there are hybrid journeys that already have a mix of bodyweight and dumbbell/barbell/machine exercises. So if you start one of these and disable an exercise, the coach has no choice but to assign something else…

However :clapclapstatic:
Freddy

Hi, I came into the forum looking for a topic like this one.
I have been Freelitics user for over 2 years, I’m currently doing the Hybrid journey which so far is probably the one I most enjoy, however, if Freelitics had a feature to swap 1 single exercise, I think it could really help in some situations.

One of the reasons this came to me is, at the moment I’m not able to do barbell curls, been dealing with forearm pain, but have no problem with hammer curls, but every time I switch it changes everything and takes barbell out completely. I could turn off the barbell curl exercise but that doesn’t seem like the best option because next week the pain goes away and I might forget to turn the exercise on again.

To sum it up, it would be great if it allowed us to switch a single exercise and the coach would suggest similar exercises that worked the same group of muscles but in a different way.

My wife uses a different app with this feature and it’s great because it allows her to work out in a more dynamic way, if she doesn’t have specific equipment, or if for some reason she can’t do that version of the exercise, she can just swap it and tailor to her needs at any given time.

Thank you for your attention.

1 Like

I also miss this option. At the weekend I was supposed to do resistance band deadlifts but I was at the gym and didn’t have a band so I did them with a barbell instead. Would be nice if we could just switch the exercise. I also sometimes don’t have access to a jump rope and would like to switch the jump rope exercises in the warm up without changing the entire workout. I can of course make substitutions myself but then I am not accurately recording my workout. Also sometimes I just can’t do a certain exercise and would like to sub it without changing the whole session or blocking that exercise completely.

2 Likes

Hi,

I’m in a somewhat similar situation. Also on Dumbbell Gain and I want to swap Barbell Squats in for Dumbbell Squats as in order to get similar workout on legs I’d have to be using 2 x 52.5kg dumbbells. This puts additional stress on upper back as arms have to move out slightly to accommodate the squat posture.

There are other exercises where this would also be beneficial e.g. unilateral dumbbell row for bilateral dumbbell row.

I believe this type of additional functionality would give the entire journey a more flexible framework and lead to a better personal user experience.

All the best,
Peter.

1 Like

I would say also that… many apps offer this option, right now I’m using one of them and actually works well… i hope freeletics will go through this change or i think they could lose many users…