Regarding the first point, it’s probably an old bug that’s been present in barbell TJs for years. If you record a lower weight than recommended during the warm-up—even by just half a kilo to round off the weight—the next time around, the coach halves the weight in the working sets for that same exercise. It’s pretty annoying, and there are numerous threads about it on this forum, but apparently, it still hasn’t been fixed. It hasn’t happened to me in a long time because, to avoid getting annoyed, I just don’t lower the weight during warm-up sets.
Hopefully someone from the tech team can give an explanation, but I have a feeling this forum has been pretty much abandoned at this point…
Hi, I encountered a problem in the latest update of the hybrid strength training journey after the introduction of the ability to manually change the weight.
Yesterday I did 3 reps of bench press with 74kg and then I reduced the weight to 70kg in the last few sets and gave positive feedback asking to keep the same intensity.
For next week the Coach has assigned me 3 sets of 3 reps of bench press with 37.5kg !!! this is definitely a bug. I will therefore adjust the weight to maintain a progre…
I last did ‘Barbell Gain’ a few months ago, and now I’m following ‘Ultimate Strength,’ but I didn’t understand what you meant when you said Ultimate Strength would address the problem. In Barbell Gain, the issue would arise (I hope it’s been resolved) when a reduced weight was used for the warm-up. In Ultimate Strength, I’ve never encountered the load halving bug because, when in doubt, I’ve always avoided using loads lower than those suggested for the warm-up. I think the function in Ultimate S…
Hi @Ben ,
Thanks for reaching out. I feel quite surprised that I can’t find any link where I can contact customer support directly. As you can see, this questions me about the renewal of my subscription. I think a direct customer support should come along with any paying subscription.
That said, please check the 2 attached screen shots from my last Freeletics training. As you can see, it offers me to lift 5kg on the bench press. Have I suddenly become too old? Of course I didn’t …
Hi! I am into week 4 of training with the barbells. I am training for strength and I am trying to understand the logic behind the weight being assigned for exercises.
For e.g. Bench press progressing from 8 X 15 Lbs, 6 x 20 Lbs, 4 x 30 Lbs, and then ending with 3 x 8 x 35 Lbs.
This is well below my ability to do 10 x 160+. I have constantly fed the app data to let it know that the weights are too light. TBH, the current progression does not feel like a workout at all. How can this be changed?…
Hi,
I’m halfway through my Barbell gain journey. Been progressing gradually on weight doing 90kg deadlifts. The coach have been giving different variations normal, sumo, Romanian DLs with slightly different loads close to the 90kg. But today I got RDL at only 32,5kg. Should I consider that as an error from the coach or can it make sense? The rest of the exercises for the day are at the usual weight e.g. 85kg back squats.
Thanks!