Dumbbell gain program: do I really need a bench?

Hello,

I am looking at switching my coach plan to the Dumbbell Gain one. I invested in adjustable dumbell.

I am currently doing the Explosive Strenght program.

I have 2 questions:

• after updating my equipment list, I see only a few exercises with dumbbells added to my Explosive Strength program. Will it be more of them along side my journey ?
  • I am still hesitant to switch to the Dumbbell Gain program because it specifies that a bench is required. Dumb question maybe but… I don’t have a bench, can I find a workaround, is it mandatory?

Appreciate your help !

Hey Boris, a big welcome to the Forum :wave:t2:

Your Training Journey will still predominantly consist of bodyweight exercises. If you wish to train more exclusively with dumbbells then you’ll really need to switch to the Dumbbell TJ.

You probably don’t need a “bench”, but you’ll need something suitable as a replacement to allow you to do the exercises. You might find some ideas in the post below :point_down:t2:

:clapclapstatic:

Thanks for your feedback, appreciate it !

Now, I am half way done with the Strenght program.

Do you recommend switching ?

Btw, it would be great to have a quick overview of what’s actually in a program. I feel a little blind now.

To be honest, it really depends on what you want from your training Boris.

If you want to try and start putting on some more muscle mass then moving to the Dumbbell Training probably is not such a bad idea.

:clapclapstatic:

I’m wondering exaclty the same! I also bought adjustable dumbbells

@marisol_castro Ben answered the initial question in thread title in this post right in this thread.

1 Like