Dumbell gain journey calculating and informing the weights wrong it seems

Hi There I uploaded to here 2 photos from my trainings, the one with 13 reps of dumbbell squats with 5 rounds are about 6-8 months ago and coach says use 2 dumbbells with 8kg, and the other photo with 24 reps with 7 rounds says that but as you see in the photo it does not say that use 2 x 8 kg dumbbells, and coach is calculating all days total weights lifted as 2060 kilograms at the summary of training day, but because of the habbit from all trainings and also additionally because I did not registered 4kg dumbbells to coach settings (I have no 4kg dumbbells). I used 2 x 8kg dumbbells, with 24 reps and 7 rounds, (at total 168reps and only for dumbbell squats I lifted 2688 kilograms). I think this is a bug, and this bug could cause an injury, and it seems to be dangerous.

for tomorrow coach is giving me 6 rounds of 32 reps Dumbbell Biceps Curls with 11kg, again and it does not say 2x 11kg again and nor I do have 5.5 kg dumbbells registered. and I’m suspicious about I could do it after the 2nd round!

Could you please fix this? because it makes confusion and risk of injury, in some other athletes like me!
Altunc Suleyman Gezerler
Android Phone user and Freeletics: Fitness Workouts (BETA) user

Hey there :wave:t2:

This isn’t a bug, where the Coach wants you to use two dumbbells it will state this as per your second screenshot.

In the first screenshot it wants you to do these with a single dumbell. You shouldn’t be doing this with 2 x 8kg dumbbells-just use a single 8kg dumbbell.

:clapclapstatic:

Hi @Ben , just curious, why doesn’t it say “goblet squat” then?

1 Like

Hey Tom :wave:t2:

That’s actually a good question, and in fact a Goblet Squat is often how I would suggest most people adapt the exercise to do this if the Coach assigns it in such a way.

I think the best way to try and explain this behaviour/logic is to highlight that we can double the amount of weight assignments the Coach can use for certain exercises by doing this.

For example, let’s say I have in my Coach settings 2 x 8kg, 2 x 10kg, 2 x 12 kg and 2 x 15 kg.

This results, in some assigned DB exercises the Coach asking me to lift a total of 16, 20, 24 or 30kg for x number of reps.

Now in an exercise like Dumbbell Squats the Coach can assign reps using both DBs, or with a single one, with the result that the available possible assignments to the Coach double with these weights :point_down:t2:

This now results in the Coach being able to ask me to lift a total of 8, 10, 12, 15, 16, 20, 24 or 30kg for x number of reps.

1 Like

Awesome @Ben Thanks for the detailed answer. That makes sense! By having this functionality, the Coach is able to assign twice as many total weights.

1 Like

Also, I’m curious about dumbbell biceps curls, coach says 11 kg 32 reps and 6 rounds, and again it does not says 2 x 11 kg. And the main problem coach calculates the weights lifted with as half for example, with the dumbbell squats, I lift total of about 2600kg but coach is calculating it as about 1300kg.

I’m still confused, then as Tom said I have to do goblet squats and

Also for this picture, how could I do dumbbell flies with single 6kg dumbell?

I don’t know if I fully understand this Altunc :point_down:t2:

So you are saying that if you are assigned 10 reps x 10 kg, the Coach is stating you lifted 50kg?

Can you share some screenshots of this? As far as I know we are not aware of this problem.

Yup, the Coach will still assign this as a separate exercise :+1:t2:

Ah that’s easy-don’t let this put you off. You can do the reps on one side, then do the other side :+1:t2:

Exactly :+1:t2: I just want to add that I don’t think we believe have got this perfectly done, it’s fairly obvious that it isn’t as intuitive as we hoped for everyone :frowning_face:

This is the screenshot shot of overall workout session for 2x8kg dumbbell squats 24 reps and 6 rounds. Only dumbell squats with 2 x 8 dumbbells takes 2688 kg exercise volume, but coach calculates all over the daily workouts as 2060kg exercise volume. That’s the problem I think, because my exercise volume is near to 3400 kg maybe but coach is calculating it only 2060kg.

Thanks @Ben! That’s right but maybe a simple FAQ or “guide” that pops up when you click on this TJ could do the trick. A sort of Intro that states all the potential “Quirks” of this TJ/equipments.

But did the Coach not assign this round of Dumbbell Squats a single 8kg dumbbell?

no it says only 8kg, it doesn’t say 2 x 8 kg.

Ok, so you shouldn’t be using 2x8kg dumbbells here. The Coach wants you to use 8kg.

but I do not have 4kg dumbbells and I did not registered 4kg dumbbells to coach, and I could not understand how I could do dumbbell squat with single 8kg dumbbel, then it is a new exercise and it must have an another video that shows, how we could do dumbbell squats with single dumbbell?!? thanks for your kind helps.

The Coach isn’t assigning you 2 x 4kg dumbbells here Altunc-it is a single 8kg Squat.

Here is one way to do the exercise :point_down:t2:

thanks, I’ll try this kind of variations, but if this video could be in the app, it would be less confusing

1 Like

That’s making me confused, maybe some explanation need to be added to App, my concern is without confusion and minimum help from any real person, I could be use the AI Coach :thinking:

@Ben Your explanation makes no sense to me. I consider this a bug or at least bad design. Please get this fixed. I stumbled upon this bug myself. Thank you very much.