Update to the app training flow (A/B test Android only)

Android 7 isn’t the minimum Android Version Freeletics supports (it’s Android 8). Besides this using an unsupported Android Version (depending how you use your smartphone) is a high security risk.

As I am doing a kettlebell journey I can see the fact that the needed weights aren’t displayed. This is a huge issue to solve because I think I have to know which kettlebells to prepare, mostly if I want to train outside and bring them with me.

I don’t have God assigned in my journey, but, reading about other users comments, I also find a little bit unreasonable not to have all the exactly reps displayed when an exercise is to be done several times.

I don’t like the fact that I can’t clearly see an interval if I haven’t finish the previous one before and also that I can’t decide if I need/ want to switch a part with another one ( there could be many reasons why an athlete would like to do it).

The personal fact that I don’t like the view should be an irrelevant part, but only if the app works properly as it is meant to be. And at the moment there are different issue to be fixed.

3 Likes

Sadly the lack of Android updates is nothing i can change, but nonetheless no reason for me to buy a new phone and create electronic waste. Especially because my current one works perfectly fine - minus support from freeletics and the banking app. For the last one it makes sense.

Ich finde es mittlerweile echt nervig, daß Freeletics ständig etwas am Layout ändert. Stattdessen könnte man neue Journeys erstellen. Zum Beispiel eine Journey wo nur Training nach der Kontrastmethode wie in der Hybrid Strenght Journey (Woche 10 oder 11 glaube ich) gemacht wird. Immer wieder die Optik der App verändern bringt mich persönlich sportlich nicht weiter.

Hi

I’m not enjoying the Beta test on the Android App.

Especially as it’s my Hell Week this week and I can’t see which God workouts I’m doing, or what previous PB’s I’ve had.

All it says, on the front page of the day for the main workout is “Workout”. I can’t view which God workout it is.

Incredibly frustrating when you can see what the warm up and cool down involves. But even if pressing the Start button I cant find the information on the main workout with all stages that I can without the Beta version.

PLEEEEEASE change it back - can you do this tomorrow (Monday 20th) so the end of Hell Week is more manageable for me?

Sincerely (unimpressed)
Sam Moqbel

4 Likes

Got the new layout today, at the start of my hell week… I’d like to second what @sammoqbel said…
I’d like to know which God I’m working on and how many reps I have to do in them! What my PBs are and also I’d like to be able to see the videos beforehand. So I don’t have to interrupt the flow of the session to look up the correct technique. Especially in god’s! Or worse, if I don’t know the execution in time based stuff…
But I like the design, looks clean and I don’t have to jump around all the time through the tabs.

1 Like

I want the old version back for the simple reason that I want to do the workouts in the order I want. In addition I’d like to see the video (in case needed) just before the exercise starts. I wasn’t always happy with the changes in the past, but this is for sure the worst “improvement” so far

3 Likes

I like the visual impact of the new layout, but I’d like to have back:

• the possibility to do workouts in the order I want;
  • the possibility of exploring the workout BEFORE the training itself, because it is often not possible to open workout to understand how it is built. For example, today I have to do a run interval training, but I can’t see the intervals, and the distances of the run. It is fundamental to know this things in order to have a good planning of the training.
2 Likes

I like the new layout. I love seeing all the workouts first. Though a drop down view for the main workout would be great too.

I find it a huge limitation not being able to see the detail (exercises, repetitions and breaks) of each interval. In this way, the training cannot be planned correctly. Please update ASAP (or give the option to choose the interface mode). Furthermore, I do not consider it correct behavior to randomly choose who should be the tester on a paid app.

2 Likes

Hello

So my app hasn’t been updated I discover the new layout through the messages…

To be honest I don’t understand why Freeletics people spend time, energy (and therefore money) to try to modify things that worked perfectly when they are areas where the system as a whole can be easily upgraded.

For example, the journey is displayed week by week. I train 5 days a week (Monday to Friday), and Saturday/Sunday are off.
Today we are Thursday, I can see my workout for Friday, but I have no possibility to see what I’ll have to do on Monday. Several times It caused me problem when I’m not at home and unable to plan in advance if I’ll need kettlebells, or any other stuff. From a mental point of view it could be also helpful.

Instead of changing what works It could be cool to extend what is limited, having a 4 week or even 2 week) view of the future wods would be great (at least for me).

Luc

5 Likes

I wouldn’t have had this on my wish list, but I think the idea is basically okay. Unfortunately, I can’t share the whole session in my feed at the end. Must be a bug, right? I do Hybrid Strength and I think it would be good to have access to the first weight exercise at the beginning of the session, because I always like to set the barbells at the very beginning. For me, that’s a kind of mental preparation for the workout, even before the warm up starts. That’s not possible in the version…

2 Likes

Is it possoble to opt-out from the test group? I never asked to be in it.

This isn’t possible Marcelo, I’m sorry.

Just on a note-every app that you use on your phone will roll out changes to test groups, we’re just trying to be open with the changes that we are testing and inviting feedback in addition to measuring the impact of changes on certain metrics.

:clapclapstatic:

Hey everyone :wave:t2:

We’ve made some updates to this that some of you will surely have noticed, and we have some more updates coming soon :point_down:t2:

• The different parts of the Coach session are now clickable and open up the workout overview screen for all details-also allowing you to download videos if you will be later training offline.
  • We’ve issued some fixes that will show some details that many of you reported as missing from the workout overview, such as names of Gods and details about any weights being used.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the session from being started offline.

Thanks for the feedback so far, this has really helped us to further refine this.

:clapclapstatic:

5 Likes

Hello. The old app was better. Now I must make warmup and cannot jump to colldown. Sometimes I was already running by my own and cannot start the training without warmup. When I have to finish because of time problems I cannot jump to cooldown. In the past it was also possible to open the explaination videos regarding the single exercises in front of the training to become familiar with it. Now it’s only possible during training. This way is not the way I like. The app force me how I have to make the training, this is not what I want. I make also many other sports outside freeletics and I integrate freeletics since 2 years into my training. Now it’s annoying.

1 Like

I agree with thoeme completely. I want also the old version back because of the same reasons like thoeme mentioned.

Using the three dot menu in upper right corner, you can delete a section of a coach day. This part just has to be the active one. In you case start the coach day, delete Warmup, do the rest, delete Cooldown.

The glitch still exists where if you delete a workout, go back to the main screen to see the workout overview and then back in to the session, the removed workout has reappeared

Yes, there are ways around the most of the issues described in this thread (and some now fixed), but I don’t see how this new view is better than the old one

The functionality is worse than before and I dont feel any added benefit beyond being able to see what exercises are included in the session at a glance, though this isnt very helpful anyway as you still have to click on it to get the detail (reps, rest, videos etc)…so what was the point in the update! For me, it has introduced far more annoyances than it has benefits

1 Like

I really don’t care much about the view, to be honest.
But I don’t understand the “can’t see the number of reps”.
I see them.

If you mean the number of reps for e.g. Metis (various number per round), trust me: after a short time you don’t need them anymore and in old version you also had to tap into the workout to see them, hadn’t you? :thinking:

As I don’t do an equipped Journey: is the “can’t see reps” problem only related to weight lifting intervals?

1 Like